This homemade Curry Powder recipe combines all the best spices for curry into an easy-to-use spice blend perfect for a range of Indian dishes.
We use this curry powder mix in a lot in our Indian dishes, so making up a big jar for the store cupboard makes sense.
It takes just a few minutes to make this DIY curry powder, and then it is always on hand to scoop out when making homemade curries, without having to measure out all the spices every time.
Curry Powder Ingredients
This Indian curry spice recipe uses the following common spices for a curry.
- Ground coriander
- Ground cumin
- Garam masala
- Ground turmeric
- Ground cinnnamon
- Red pepper flakes or Cayenne pepper - you can vary the amount to suit here, depending on whether you want a spicy curry powder or not. I use two teaspoons when making curry powder, but you should add it based on how spicy you like your curry. Remember you can always add more heat later, but it is much more difficult to take it away!
- Ground cardamom
- Ground ginger
- Coarse ground black pepper
How to make Curry Powder
To make this spice mix for curry, all you need to do is put all the ingredients into a jar with a lid like the ones below and give it a good shake to mix. Then keep it in your store cupboard for whenever you are making a homemade curry.
Recipes with Curry Powder
You can use this curry spice mix in loads of different Indian dishes. You can use it anytime a recipe calls for curry powder.
Here are some of our favorite dishes:
Did you try this recipe? Please leave me a ⭐ review below!
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @mamalovestocookblog and follow along on Pinterest and Facebook! Enjoy!!!
Pin it for Later!
Mama Loves to Cook is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
Homemade Curry Powder
- Measuring Spoons and Measuring Cups
- Airtight Jar with Lid
- 2 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-2 teaspoon red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper see note
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Simply place all your ingredients into a jar with a lid and shake to mix.
Leave a Reply