The Pancake Cereal TikTok craze has inspired us to give this breakfast recipe a go. What a fun way to start the day!
Have you joined the baby pancakes in a bowl craze yet? Lots of mini pancakes served up with lashings of maple syrup. What's not to love?
Or will you eat yours with milk? Sprinkled with chocolate chips? Or sprinkles?
Cereal Pancakes have taken TikTok by storm, with thousands of people sharing how they make and eat this fun breakfast idea.
We usually opt for a healthier breakfast, like homemade granola, overnight oats with chia or an acai bowl, but we've been giving this viral breakfast treat a go and have some tips on how to make it here.
Why you'll love this recipe
- It is a fun way to serve pancakes for kids and adults alike.
- It is perfect for celebratory breakfasts - birthdays, Valentines, Mother's Day.
- You can add ice cream and chocolate sauce and serve it for dessert.
These mini pancakes use a standard pancake batter. If you have a Thermomix, I recommend making my Thermomix Pancakes for this. If not, it is easy to whip up a batch of pancake batter using a standard hand whisk.
Here's what you need:
- All purpose flour
- Baking powder
What else you need for Pancake Cereal
To make these, you will need a good non-stick frying pan.
Because you are making lots of tiny pancakes, you need to be able to flip them easily, which means you don't want them sticking to the pan.
For flipping the pancakes I suggest using a pair of kitchen tongs or tweezers. You could also use chopsticks. I tried with a spatula and it didn't work as well, although it is useful for taking all the cooked pancakes out of the pan.
Next you will need either a squeezy bottle, a syringe or a piping bag or plastic bag with the corner snipped off.
How to make Pancake Cereal
First heat up a tiny bit of oil or butter in your non stick frying pan.
Then fill up your bottle or plastic bag with pancake batter and use it to squeeze tiny blobs of batter onto your pan.
Let them cook until they have bubbles on the top and are drying out. They should be golden brown underneath.
Then use a pair of tongs or chopsticks to flip them over to cook on the other side.
You will need to do this in batches so try to keep them warm while you cook the others.
How to serve pancake cereal
Serve in a bowl with some butter and drizzled in maple syrup. You can also add sprinkles or chocolate chips.
Or do as some people are doing on TikTok and serve them with milk just like normal cereal!
Love this recipe? Why not give these a go!
Did you try this recipe? Please leave me a ⭐ review below!
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @mamalovestocookblog and follow along on Pinterest and Facebook! Enjoy!!!
Mama Loves to Cook is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
- Frying Pan
- Kitchen tongs
- 1 cup all purpose flour (plain flour)
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 tablespoon melted butter plus extra for frying
- 1 large egg
- Combine the dry ingredients: flour, sugar and baking powder in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a jug, whisk together the milk, melted butter and egg.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture and slowly pour in the milk mixture while mixing with a whisk. Mix together until smooth and lump free. Transfer to a squeezy bottle or piping bag (or freezer bag with the corner snipped off).
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and melt in a little butter. Use a piece of kitchen paper to spread the butter over the pan.
- Squeeze dots of batter onto the frying pan. Let them cook until they have bubbles on the top and are drying out. They should be golden brown underneath.
- Use a pair of tongs or chopsticks to flip them over to cook on the other side for. a further 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from pan and keep warm while you cook the remaining batter.
- Serve in a bowl with lashings of maple syrup, chocolate chips, fruit, sprinkles or whatever you like!