This Thermomix Peanut Butter Brownies recipe makes insanely decadent gooey fudge brownies with a peanut butter layer.
You know what's even better than chocolate brownies? Chocolate and peanut butter brownies! Seriously. These are amazing.
My daughter randomly requested that I make chocolate brownies with peanut butter. I'm not sure where she got the idea, but it sounded like a good one. And boy, it really was.
I make normal Thermomix brownies all the time, so it wasn't too difficult to adapt the recipe to make these deliciously rich peanut butter stuffed brownies.
The peanut butter filling takes them to another level and results in a sticky, fudgy mouthful of brownie that tastes like a Snickers bar. Yum!
How to make Peanut Butter Brownies
There are two parts to these chocolate peanut butter brownies: the peanut butter layer and the brownies themselves.
Firstly you make the peanut butter layer in the Thermomix and set it aside. Next you make the brownie mixture in the Thermomiix. Both are straight forward and easy to do. Just follow the step by step instructions in the recipe!
When it comes to assembling the brownies, first you need to roll out your peanut butter layer. Sieve a little icing sugar onto your kitchen surface and then roll out the peanut butter mixture. You want it to be roughly the size of your baking tin.
Now spoon half the brownie mixture into your baking tin and smooth it down.
Then lay the peanut butter layer on top. It can be quite crumbly so you may need to move it in pieces. Don't worry if it looks messy (see my effort in the middle picture below). It doesn't need to look pretty; you will be covering it up.
Finally spoon over the remaining half of the brownie mixture and smooth it over. And that's it, ready for the oven.
Bake it in the oven for 25 minutes and then let it cool in the tin before serving.
Pin it for Later!
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, we may receive a small commission – at absolutely no extra cost to you.
Mama Loves to Cook is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
For the peanut butter layer
- 200g sugar
- 180g smooth peanut butter
- 50g butter
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
For the Brownies
- 200g dark chocolate
- 200g salted butter
- 200g brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g all purpose flour
- 30g cocoa powder
- 150g chocolate chips
Pre-heat the oven to 180 C / 350 F.
Line an 8-inch square tin with baking paper, making sure you cover the sides.
For the Peanut Butter Layer
- Add the sugar to the Thermomix bowl. Mill for 10 seconds / speed 9. Set aside.
- Add the peanut butter and butter to the bowl. Melt for 3 minutes / 90 degrees / speed 2.
- Add vanilla extract and sugar. Mix for 30 seconds / speed 5. Set mixture aside.
For the brownie mixture
- Break up the chocolate into pieces and place in the Thermomix bowl. Cut the butter into cubes and add to the Thermomix bowl.
- Melt the chocolate and butter for 4 minutes / 50 degrees / speed 2. Check that the chocolate is melted. If not repeat for a further 2 minutes.
- Add sugar to the bowl. Mix 10 seconds / speed 4.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract to the bowl. Mix 5 seconds / speed 4.
- Add flour and cocoa powder to the bowl. Mix 30 seconds / speed 4.
- Add chocolate chips to the bowl. Mix on REVERSE / 10 seconds / speed 4.
Assembling the peanut butter brownie
- Lightly cover your kitchen surface with icing sugar. Turn out the peanut butter mixture and roll out to roughly the size of your baking tin.
- Smooth half the brownie mixture into the prepared baking tin. It should be thick and fudgy.
- Carefully lay the peanut butter layer over the brownie mixture. You may need to do this in sections. Don't worry if it looks messy, you will be covering it up.
- Cover the peanut butter layer with the remaining brownie mixture and smooth over the top.
- Bake in the oven at 180 C / 350F for 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the tin before cutting into squares and serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 434Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 69mgSodium: 175mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 3gSugar: 37gProtein: 6g