This Thermomix Brownies recipe makes gorgeous gooey fudgy chocolatey brownies and is so quick and easy. Perfect served alone or with creamy vanilla ice cream.
This is one of my favorite Thermomix dessert recipes to make if we have kids coming round to the house.
Everybody loves them and they can be made ahead then dished up with some ice cream. They are also great for picnics and even for a special treat in the kids lunch boxes if you're feeling naughty.
What chocolate to use in brownies
This chocolate brownie Thermomix recipe uses dark chocolate, cocoa powder AND chocolate chips (my daughter calls them triple chocolate brownies), so you know you are going to be rewarded with a really chocolatey treat.
I like to use a dark chocolate with at least 70% cocoa for the best results and I love the addition of chocolate chips stirred through the brownie batter at the end.
Because chocolate chips are designed to keep their form during baking, it results in little nuggets of gooey chocolate that make these brownies so good.
Tips for making brownies
- Make sure you line your baking tin well with baking parchment, including up the sides of the tin so you can easily lift the brownies out to cut them.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely in the tin before lifting them out to cut them.
- Store in an air-tight container on the counter for up to 3 days rather than in the fridge to maintain their soft fudgy texture (providing the weather is not too hot).
Can you freeze brownies?
Yes, these brownies will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Pin it for Later!
Mama Loves to Cook is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, we may receive a small commission – at absolutely no extra cost to you.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 C / 350 F.
- Line an 8-inch square tin with baking paper, making sure you cover the sides.
- Break up the chocolate into pieces and place in the Thermomix bowl. Cut the butter into cubes and add to the Thermomix bowl.
- Melt the chocolate and butter for 4 minutes / 50 degrees / speed 2. Check that the chocolate is melted. If not repeat for a further 2 minutes.
- Add sugar to the bowl. Mix 10 seconds / speed 4.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract to the bowl. Mix 5 seconds / speed 4.
- Add flour and cocoa powder to the bowl. Mix 30 seconds / speed 4.
- Add chocolate chips to the bowl. Mix on REVERSE / 10 seconds / speed 4.
- Smooth the mixture into the prepared baking tin. It should be thick and fudgy. Bake in the oven at 180 C / 350F for 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the tin before cutting into squares and serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 288Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 84mgSodium: 130mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 2gSugar: 15gProtein: 3g