This Thermomix Chicken Stock paste will add a wonderful flavour to your dishes, is additive and preservative-free AND will save you on your grocery bill. Win win!
This is a perfect Thermomix recipe - it takes very little effort and will save you loads of money in the long run. It means you always have delicious chicken stock to hand for any dishes you need it for.
I usually have a batch of homemade bone broth in my freezer. But for occasions when I don't, or when I need a quick chicken stock made up for a recipe, I also always have a jar of this Thermomix stock paste in my fridge.
It is super easy to make up and it lasts in the fridge or freezer for months, meaning you only need to make it occasionally AND you will save loads of money on buying shop-bought stock.
The other advantage of making your own chicken stock paste is that you know that it is additive free and perservative free. What's not to love?
You may also want to try my Thermomix Vegetable Stock Paste.
Ingredients for chicken stock
You will need the following ingredients. Note that the vegetables and herbs can be substituted for others you may have.
- Skinless/boneless chicken thighs - you can also use chicken breasts if you have some to use up, but as thighs are more flavourful AND cheaper, they are our preferred cut.
- Vegetables - onion, leek, celery, garlic
- Fresh herbs - parsely, thyme, rosemary
- Bay leaf
- Rock salt - this recipe calls for a lot of salt - this acts as a preservative and allows you to keep the stock in your fridge for longer.
- White wine - you can substitute with chicken or vegetable stock if you don't want to use wine.
- Coriander seeds
- Black peppercorns
How to make stock paste in the Thermomix
Making stock paste is super simple in the Thermomix. Firstly, you mince up the chicken thighs and set aside.
Next, you chop up the vegetables and herbs. Then add the all the remaining ingredients and leave it to cook for 30 minutes.
Once it is cooked, you just need to blend it and it is all done!
Transfer it to an airtight container and allow it to cool before storing it in the fridge or freezer.
Top Tip: Once you have transferred the stock to your storage jar and before you wash up the Thermomix, add 500g of water and mix for 30 seconds/speed 9 and you will have a ready made chicken stock ready for your next dish.
FAQs and Tips
How much stock do I use?
To make up stock, dilute 1 tablespoon of stock concentrate per 500g (ml) or per 1 pint of water.
How long does Thermomix stock last?
This will keep in a airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 months, or store it in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Can I freeze stock paste?
Yes! Storing it in the freezer will allow you to keep it for up to 6 months. Note that due to the high salt content, it won't freeze solid. So just keep it in a container and scoop it out when you need it.
Do I really need that much salt in the stock paste?
The salt in this concentrated stock paste acts as a perservative and will allow you to keep it in your fridge for longer. If you find the stock too salty, just use a little less when you dilute it.
Can I use different vegetables in my stock?
Yes you can! Making a stock is a great way to use up vegetables in your vegetable drawer. If you want to add a sweeter note to your stock, try adding carrots, corn, pumpkin or sweet potato. Just avoid brassicas, such as cabbage, broccoli, sprouts, kale... as they will make your stock bitter.
Pin it for Later!
Mama Loves to Cook is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
Thermomix Chicken Stock Paste
- 300 g skinless bonless chicken thighs
- 1 small onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ large leek
- 2 celery sticks
- 2 sprigs thyme leaves only
- 1 sprig rosemary leaves only
- small handful parsley
- 150 g rock salt
- 120 g white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 coriander seeds
- 3 black peppercorns
- Add chicken to the Thermomix bowl. Mince for 5 seconds / speed 7. Set aside.
- Remove the leaves from the leek and celery and roughly chop into pieces. Peel and quarter the onion and peel the garlic.
- Add all the vegetables to the Thermomix with the thyme, rosemary and parsley. Chop for 10 seconds / speed 5.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the salt, white wine, bay leaf, coriander seeds and peppercorns. Add the chicken mince. Cook for 30 minutes / Varoma / speed 2 / MC off. Place the simmering basket on the lid to prevent the liquid splashing over your kitchen.
- Remove the simmering basket and insert the measuring cup. Blend for 1 minute / speed 9.
- Transfer to an airtight jar and allow to cool before storing in the fridge or freezer.
- To make up the stock, dissolve 1 tablespoon of stock paste for every 500ml of water.
- You can replace the chicken thighs with breasts if that is what you have.
- You can replace the vegetables with whatever you have in the fridge. Try to ensure you have a total of around 300g of vegetables. Avoid leafy green vegetables such as cabbage or broccoli as they will make the stock bitter.
- Stock paste will last for up to 3 months in the fridge or 6 months in the freezer.