This Thermomix Apple and Cinnamon Muffins recipe gives you a moist muffin that tastes like a cross between an apple muffin and a cinnamon donut. Delicious!
I created this recipe when a friend of mine accidentally ordered 8kg of apples instead of 8 apples! So she passed some on to me and I used it as a good excuse to come up with a new recipe for apple cinnamon muffins.
Having apples in muffins makes them super moist and I think apple and cinnamon are just a match made in heaven. Add on a cinnamon donut topping and these muffins are next level delicious!
These are perfect for kids lunchboxes or afternoon snacks and have fast become a new family favourite. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
Other muffins I make regularly for the kids' lunch boxes include Thermomix ABC Muffins, Thermomix Blueberry Muffins and Thermomix Banana Choc Chip Muffins. You can see a selection of other Thermomix Muffins here.
Why you'll love this recipe!
- These muffins taste like a cross between an apple muffin and a cinnamon donut, what's not to love?!
- They are quick and easy to make in the Thermomix.
- They freeze well so they are great for batch-baking.
These delicious muffins need the following ingredients:
- Apples - I like to use red apples in this recipe as they have good natural sweetness. You can choose any apples depending on how sweet you want the muffins to be. It's a great recipe for using up whatever apples happen to be in your fruit bowl or fridge.
- Vanilla extract
- Brown Sugar - you can substitute with white sugar if that is all you have. I like the richness and extra moistness that brown sugar adds.
- Plain flour - aka all purpose flour. You can substitute with self-raising flour and omit the baking powder if you prefer.
- Baking powder
- Ground cinnamon
- Extra sugar for topping - use granulated or raw sugar to make the topping extra crunchy, or caster sugar to make it more donut-like.
See recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to make these muffins
Making these cinnamon apple muffins is super easy in the Thermomix.
Step 1: Prepare the apples
Prepare the apples by peeling them, then cut them into quarters and remove the core.
Next chop it up in the Thermomix (this takes just a few seconds) and set aside.
Step 2: Make the muffin batter
Start by melting the butter. Then just add all the other ingredients (inlcuding the apple you set aside) and mix together for 30 seconds. That's it!
Step 3: Bake the muffins
Use an ice cream scoop to evenly distribute the mixture in the muffin tray.
Now bake them for 20 minutes or until a skewer comes away clean when inserted into the middle of the muffin.
Step 4: Make the topping
Now comes the bit that makes these the best apple muffins ever - the topping. This is what makes these muffins completely irresistible... mainly because it makes them taste like a cinnamon donut!
To get this yummy topping, you just need to brush the top of the muffin with a little melted butter and then dip it into a mixture of sugar and cinnamon.
You can make it slightly crunchy by using granulated or raw sugar, or make it more donut-like by using caster sugar. So good.
FAQs and Top Tips
It is up to you and this is a great recipe to use up apples that you may have in your fridge or fruit bowl. I like to use Royal Gala apples or another sweet red apple, but you can choose any apples depending on how sweet you want the muffins to be.
Yes you can, just pop them in a freezer bag or airtight container and store for up to 3 months. I then put them in my kids lunchboxes still frozen in the morning and they are ready to eat by lunchtime.
Use a cookie scoop to divide the mixture between the cupcake cases. This will make it quick and easy and ensure the muffins are even in size. Make sure you only fill up the cupcake cases ¾ full.
Love Muffins? You will also love these Thermomix recipes.
Did you try this recipe? Please leave me a ⭐ review below!
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @mamalovestocookblog and follow along on Pinterest and Facebook! Enjoy!!!
Mama Loves to Cook is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
Thermomix Apple and Cinnamon Muffins
- Cookie Scoop
- Cupcake Liners
- 2 apples (around 200g) peeled, cored and quartered
- 115 g butter
- 120 g milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 120 g brown sugar
- 300 g plain flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
For the topping
- 50 g butter
- 50 g sugar granulated or caster, depending on how crunchy you like it
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 180C / 350F. Line a muffin tray with cupcake liners.
- Add apple to the Thermomix bowl. Chop for 3 seconds / speed 5. Set aside.
- Add butter to the bowl. Melt for 2 minutes / 60 degrees / speed 2.
- Add the milk, eggs, vanilla extract, sugar, apple, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Mix for 30 seconds / speed 4.
- Use a cookie / ice-cream scoop to divide mixture equally between the prepared muffin cases.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until a skewer comes away clean when inserted into the middle of a muffin.
- Allow to cool for a couple of minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
For the topping
- Add the butter to the Thermomix and melt for 2 minutes / 60 degrees / speed 2.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
- While the muffins are still warm from the oven, use a pastry brush to brush the tops with a little melted butter and then sprinkle over the cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- I prefer red apples for this recipe as they are sweeter. You can also use green apples - they will give a stronger apple flavour but will be less sweet.
- If you like your topping to be more crunchy, use granulated or raw sugar. If you prefer it to be more donut-like, use caster sugar.
- These muffins freeze really well and so are great for batch-making. Store them in an airtight bag or container in the freezer for up to 3 months.