This Apple and Cinnamon Muffins Thermomix recipe gives you a moist muffin that tastes like a cross between an apple muffin and a cinnamon donut. Delicious!
A friend of mine just accidentally ordered 8kg of apples instead of 8 apples... ooops! So she passed some on to me and I used it as a good excuse to come up with a new recipe for apple cinnamon muffins.
Having apples in muffins makes them super moist and I think apple and cinnamon are just a match made in heaven. Add on a cinnamon donut topping and these muffins are next level delicious!
These are perfect for kids lunchboxes or afternoon snacks and have fast become a new family favourite. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
How to make these muffins
Making these cinnamon apple muffins is super easy in the Thermomix.
First you chop up the apple (after you have peeled, cored and quartered it by hand) and set aside. Next you melt the butter. And finally you add all the other ingredients and mix together for 30 seconds. That's it!
I like to use an ice cream scoop to evenly distribute the mixture in the muffin tray. Then bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer comes away clean when inserted into the middle of the muffin.
Now comes the bit that makes these the best apple muffins ever - the topping. This is what makes these muffins completely irresistible... mainly because it makes them taste like a cinnamon donut!
To get this yummy topping, you just need to brush the top of the muffin with a little melted butter and then sprinkle on a mixture of sugar and cinnamon.
You can make it slightly crunchy by using granulated or raw sugar, or make it more donut-like by using caster sugar. So good.
FAQs and Top Tips
What apples are best for muffins?
It is up to you and this is a great recipe to use up apples that you may have in your fridge or fruit bowl. I like to use Royal Gala apples or another sweet red apple, but you can choose any apples depending on how sweet you want the muffins to be.
Can you freeze these muffins?
Yes you can, just pop them in a freezer bag or container. I then put them in my kids lunchboxes still frozen in the morning and they are ready to eat by lunchtime.
Tip: Use a cookie scoop
Use a cookie scoop to divide the mixture between the cupcake cases. This will make it quick and easy and ensure the muffins are even in size. Make sure you only fill up the cupcake cases ¾ full.
Pin it for Later!
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, we may receive a small commission – at absolutely no extra cost to you.
Mama Loves to Cook is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
- 2 apples (around 200g), peeled, cored and quartered
- 115g butter
- 120g milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 120g brown sugar
- 300g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
For the topping
- 50g butter
- 50g sugar (granulated or caster, depending on how crunchy you like it)
- 2tsp ground cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 180C / 350F. Line a muffin tray with cupcake liners.
- Add apple to the Thermomix bowl. Chop for 3 seconds / speed 5. Set aside.
- Add butter to the bowl. Melt for 2 minutes / 60 degrees / speed 2.
- Add the milk, eggs, vanilla extract, sugar, apple, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Mix for 30 seconds / speed 4.
- Use a cookie / ice-cream scoop to divide mixture equally between the prepared muffin cases.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until a skewer comes away clean when inserted into the middle of a muffin.
- Allow to cool for a couple of minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
For the topping
- Add the butter to the Thermomix and melt for 2 minutes / 60 degrees / speed 2.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
- While the muffins are still warm from the oven, use a pastry brush to brush the tops with a little melted butter and then sprinkle over the cinnamon/sugar mixture.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 274Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 287mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 2gSugar: 16gProtein: 4g