These Thermomix banana chocolate chip muffins are light and fluffy and loaded with deliciously gooey choc chips for an extra treat.
Everyone in our house loves these scrumptious choc chip banana muffins and they don't last very long when we make them!
They can be frozen for later, making them perfect for batch cooking and making ahead for kids lunch boxes or for times when you don't have time to bake.
Ingredients for Banana & Choc Chip Muffins
This Thermomix banana chocolate chip muffins recipe uses standard banana muffin ingredients, with the added bonus of delicious choc chips mixed through. What's not to love?!
A few notes about the ingredients:
- Bananas: The best bananas for muffins are very ripe ones. These will give the best flavor and natural sweetness. Try to catch them when they are going brown on the outside, but not so brown that they are too mushy on the inside.
- Butter & Eggs: For the best results, bring these to room temperature before you begin.
- Sugar: The brown sugar gives a wonderful richness to these Thermomix muffins. If you don't have any brown sugar, you can substitute for raw, granulated or caster sugar.
- Flour: The recipe uses all purpose flour with baking powder and baking soda. You can substitute with self-rising flour.
- Chocolate Chips: Choose whichever chocolate chips you like for these - dark, milk, semi-sweet, even white.
How to Make Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins in the Thermomix
Firstly - make sure you have your oven pre-heated and your muffin tray ready lined with muffin cases.
Making muffins in the Thermomix is super quick and this means that you can get your muffins in the oven straight away without needing to let the batter sit around.
First, you need to mash up your bananas together with the vanilla. This takes just 5 seconds in the Thermomix. Then set aside.
Next, cream together the butter and sugar (20 seconds), add in the eggs and mashed bananas (10 seconds) and then mix in all the dry ingredients - flour, baking powder and baking soda (20 seconds).
Finally weigh in the choc chips then use a spatula to stir them into the mixture - and your muffin batter is done!
Now you just need to divide the mixture into your muffin tray (use a cookie or ice cream scoop to make equal portions) and bake them in the oven for 20 minutes.
Top Tip: To help the banana muffins with chocolate chips look perfect, place a couple of choc chips on top of the muffins after you have scooped them into the tray.
Alternatively you can do this as soon as they come out of the oven - the choc chips will sink right into the top of the muffin.
Allow them to cool in the tin for just a couple of minutes before transferring to a rack to cool completely.
Can you freeze Banana Muffins with Chocolate Chips?
Yes you can! Once the muffins are cool, transfer them to an airtight freezer bag and place in the freezer. They will last for around a month in the freezer.
I put them in my kids lunch boxes while they are still frozen and they are ready to eat by lunchtime.
Pin it for Later!
Mama Loves to Cook is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, we may receive a small commission – at absolutely no extra cost to you.
- Pre-heat the oven to 320F / 160C. Prepare a muffin tin with cases.
- Place bananas and vanilla extract into Thermomix bowl. Mix 5 seconds / speed 5. Set aside.
- Add the butter and sugar to the Thermomix bowl. Cream together for 20 seconds / speed 5.
- Add the eggs and reserved banana/vanilla mixture and mix for 10 seconds / speed 5.
- Add flour, baking powder and baking soda. Mix for 20 seconds / speed 5.
- Weigh in the chocolate chips. Use a spatula to stir them into the mixture.
- Use a cookie scoop to divide the mixture into 15 muffin cases.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes, or until a knife comes away clean when inserted in the middle.
- Allow to cool for a couple of minutes in the tin before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 102Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 74mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 1g