These Thermomix banana chocolate chip muffins are light and fluffy and loaded with deliciously gooey choc chips for an extra treat.
Everyone in our house loves these scrumptious choc chip banana muffins and they don't last very long when we make them!
They can be frozen for later, making them perfect for batch cooking and making ahead for kids lunch boxes or for times when you don't have time to bake.
These are a favourite in my kids' lunch boxes, along with Thermomix ABC Muffins, Thermomix Cheese & Bacon Muffins and Thermomix Blueberry Muffins.
Why you'll love this recipe
- These muffins are super quick and easy to make.
- The gooey choc chips take normal banana muffins to another level.
- They freeze really well so are great for batch-baking and freezing.
- They are perfect for kids lunch boxes and after-school snacks.
Ingredients for Banana & Choc Chip Muffins
This Thermomix banana chocolate chip muffins recipe uses standard banana muffin ingredients, with the added bonus of delicious choc chips mixed through. What's not to love?!
A few notes about the ingredients:
- Bananas: The best bananas for muffins are very ripe ones. These will give the best flavor and natural sweetness. Try to catch them when they are going brown on the outside, but not so brown that they are too mushy on the inside.
- Butter & Eggs: For the best results, bring these to room temperature before you begin.
- Sugar: The brown sugar gives a wonderful richness to these Thermomix muffins. If you don't have any brown sugar, you can substitute for raw, granulated or caster sugar.
- Flour: The recipe uses plain flour with baking powder and baking soda. You can substitute with self-raising flour.
- Chocolate Chips: Choose whichever chocolate chips you like for these - dark, milk, semi-sweet, even white.
How to Make Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins in the Thermomix
Step 1: Preparation
Make sure you have your oven pre-heated and your muffin tray ready lined with muffin cases.
Making muffins in the Thermomix is super quick and this means that you can get your muffins in the oven straight away without needing to let the batter sit around.
Step 2: Make the batter
First, you need to mash up your bananas together with the vanilla. This takes just 5 seconds in the Thermomix. Then set aside.
Next, cream together the butter and sugar (20 seconds), add in the eggs and mashed bananas (10 seconds) and then mix in all the dry ingredients - flour, baking powder and baking soda (20 seconds).
Finally weigh in the choc chips then use a spatula to stir them into the mixture - and your muffin batter is done!
Step 3: Bake the Muffins
Now you just need to divide the mixture into your muffin tray (use a cookie or ice cream scoop to make equal portions) and bake them in the oven for 20 minutes.
Top Tip: To help the banana muffins with chocolate chips look perfect, place a couple of choc chips on top of the muffins after you have scooped them into the tray.
Alternatively you can do this as soon as they come out of the oven - the choc chips will sink right into the top of the muffin.
Allow them to cool in the tin for just a couple of minutes before transferring to a rack to cool completely.
FAQs and Top Tips
Yes you can! Once the muffins are cool, transfer them to an airtight freezer bag and place in the freezer. They will last for around a month in the freezer. I put them in my kids lunch boxes while they are still frozen and they are ready to eat by lunchtime.
Love Muffins? You will also love these Thermomix recipes.
Did you try this recipe? Please leave me a ⭐ review below!
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @mamalovestocookblog and follow along on Pinterest and Facebook! Enjoy!!!
Mama Loves to Cook is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
Thermomix Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Cupcake Liners
- Cookie Scoop
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 150 g butter
- 150 g brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 240 g plain flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 130 g chocolate chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 320F / 160C. Prepare a muffin tin with cases.
- Place bananas and vanilla extract into Thermomix bowl. Mix 5 seconds / speed 5. Set aside.
- Add the butter and sugar to the Thermomix bowl. Cream together for 20 seconds / speed 5.
- Add the eggs and reserved banana/vanilla mixture and mix for 10 seconds / speed 5.
- Add flour, baking powder and baking soda. Mix for 20 seconds / speed 5.
- Weigh in the chocolate chips. Use a spatula to stir them into the mixture.
- Use a cookie scoop to divide the mixture into 15 muffin cases.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes, or until a knife comes away clean when inserted in the middle.
- Allow to cool for a couple of minutes in the tin before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- The best bananas for this recipe are ones that are very ripe and turning brown (but not yet black!)
- Use a cookie scoop to transfer the batter into the muffin cases - this will make sure they are all even.
- Top each muffin with a couple of choc chips so that they look perfect.
- These muffins freeze really well, making them perfect for batch-baking. Store them in the freezer in an airtight bag or container for up to 3 months.
Leave a Reply