These Thermomix ABC Muffins (apple, banana, carrot) are so quick and easy to make and are super delicious. Loaded with fruit and veg, they are perfect for kids lunch boxes and after school snacks.
Apple, banana and carrot may sound like a strange combination, but trust me - it works! And it works really well - these are some of our family's favorite muffins ever.
The mixture of all those lovely juicy fruits and vegetables makes for a really moist muffin and they are a great way to get your kids eating more fruit and veg.
And it's not just kids who will love them either! Everybody loves them in our house.
ABC Muffin Ingredients
The ingredients for these Thermomix muffins are fairly straight forward. A few things to note:
- Banana - opt for a very ripe banana for the maximum flavor and sweetness. One that is turning brown but not yet mushy inside is ideal.
- Apple - I like to use red apples as they are sweeter than green apples. A green apple will give a more 'apple' flavor, but won't be as sweet.
- Sugar - yes this recipe uses quite a lot of sugar (160g). IF your banana is very ripe and your apple is sweet, you can probably cut this down by up to half. Experiment and see what works for you.
- Eggs and milk - make sure they are at room temperature before you begin.
How to make Apple Banana Carrot Muffins in the Thermomix
As with most Thermomix muffin recipes, making these ABC muffins is super easy and takes just minutes.
Once you have peeled and quartered your carrot and apple, it takes just 5 seconds to grate them in the Thermomix, and another 5 seconds to mash the banana.
Next you need to melt the butter, which takes another 2 minutes.
And finally you just add in all the other ingredients - including the apple, banana and carrrot that you set aside. And it takes just another 30 seconds to mix everything together.
Then you just need to divide it into a muffin tin that has been lined with cupcake liners. I find it easiest to use a cookie scoop for this.
And then pop them in the oven for around 20 minutes, or until a knife comes away clean.
Leave them to cool in the tin for a couple of minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. No-one will blame you if you sneak one while they are still warm 😉
Can you freeze these muffins?
Yes you can! Just put them in a freezer bag and put them in the freezer. I take them out in the morning and put them in my kids lunch boxes and they are defrosted and ready to eat by lunchtime.
Pin it for Later!
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a booking or purchase using one of these links, we may receive a small commission – at absolutely no extra cost to you.
Mama Loves to Cook is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
- 1 carrot (60g) peeled and quartered
- 1 apple, peeled (100g) cored and quartered
- 1 banana (100g) peeled
- 125g butter
- 160g brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 50g milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 280g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Pre-heat oven to 180 C / 360 F. Prepare a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Add carrot and apple to the Thermomix bowl. Grate for 4 seconds / speed 5. Set aside.
- Add banana to bowl. Mash for 5 seconds / speed 5. Set aside with the carrot & apple.
- Add butter to bowl. Melt for 2 minutes / 60 degrees / speed 2. Check that butter is fully melted. If not, repeat for 1 more minute.
- Add milk, eggs, vanilla extract, sugar, flour, baking powder, salt and grated carrot, apple and banana to bowl. Mix 30 seconds / speed 4.
- Use a large cookie/ice cream scoop to divide the mixture into the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until a knife comes away clean when inserted into the middle of a muffin.
- Allow to cool for a couple of minutes in the tin then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 187Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 172mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 3g