This carrot and cheese muffins Thermomix recipe is great for healthy savoury muffins for kids lunch boxes.
I'm always experimenting with different muffin recipes and these easy savoury muffins are one of my daughter's favorites. And of course I always love a way to get some extra vegetables into her lunch box!
These savoury kids muffins are light and fluffy with a delicate flavor, making them perfect for fussy kids.
How to make carrot muffins
The other thing I love about these Thermomix savoury muffins is that they are super easy and quick to make. Just make sure you follow the order of the recipe so that you have all the cheese and carrots pre-grated and ready to go.
Then it's just a case of mixing up the wet ingredients, stirring in the dry ingredients, adding the cheese and carrots and you're good to go!
I recommend using a muffin tray lined with muffin or cupcake cases for this cheese carrot muffins recipe.
I also like to use a cookie scoop to make dividing the mixture into the muffin cases super quick and equal.
Savoury vegetable muffins
You can easily add other vegetables to these savoury carrot muffins. Try experimenting with any of the following vegetables:
- grated zucchini
- finely chopped and lightly fried onion
- finely chopped green onion
- finely chopped chives
- finely chopped celery
- finely chopped red bell pepper
- chopped fresh herbs
You may also like: Thermomix Banana & Honey Muffins.
Pin it for Later!
Mama Loves to Cook is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, we may receive a small commission – at absolutely no extra cost to you.
- Pre-heat oven to 160C / 320F.
- Place parmesan in Thermomix and grate for 10 seconds / speed 9. Set aside.
- Place cheddar in Thermomix and great for 5 seconds / speed 8. Set aside with parmesan.
- Chop carrots in half and add to Thermomix bowl. Grate for 5 seconds / speed 5. Set aside.
- Add butter to Thermomix and melt for 3 minutes / 60 degrees / speed 1.
- Add milk, yoghurt, maple syrup and eggs. Mix for 10 seconds / speed 4.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt, cheddar and parmesan and mix for 30 seconds / speed 3.
- Add carrots and mix for 30 seconds / speed 4.
- Use an ice cream scoop to measure batter into a muffin tray lined with muffin cases.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes at 160C / 320F.
- Leave to cool in tray for around 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 142Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 375mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 5g