These chocolate cornflake Easter nests are perfect for getting young kids having fun in the kitchen. Cute, simple and delicious!
It's an oldie but a goodie - kids love making these mini chocolate cornflake cakes and decorating them with mini eggs.
They are quick to make, so perfect for young kids with short attention spans, and ready to eat within an hour.
How to make chocolate cornflake nests
These chocolate Easter nests are so simple to make!
First, break up the chocolate into bowl. Then add the butter and golden syrup.
Then you just need to melt it all together, then stir in the cornflakes into the mixture.
Lastly, you divide the mixture into cupcake cases, top with mini eggs then cool in the fridge for an hour. Done!
There are lots of steps that are great for getting even young kids involved: breaking up the chocolate, stirring in the cornflakes, and of course adding the little eggs on top.
How to melt chocolate
The only tricky part to this chocolate cornflakes recipe that kids will need some supervision with is melting the chocolate.
To do this properly, you need to place a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, and melt the chocolate/butter/syrup mixture slowly, stirring constantly.
Don't try to melt the chocolate directly in a saucepan as it will become grainy, and nobody wants a grainy Easter chocolate nest!
If you have a Thermomix, you can just add the ingredients to the jug, and heat for 4 minutes / 50 degrees / speed 2. Then pour the mixture into a bowl with the cornflakes.
LOVE CHOCOLATE? YOU WILL ALSO LOVE THESE RECIPES:
Did you try this recipe? Please leave me a ⭐ review below!
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @mamalovestocookblog and follow along on Pinterest and Facebook! Enjoy!!!
Pin it for Later!
Mama Loves to Cook is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
Chocolate Cornflake Easter Nests
- Cupcake Liners
- 225 g / 8oz plain chocolate
- 50 g / ¼ cup butter
- 2 tablespoon golden syrup
- 100 g / 4 cups cornflakes
- 36 mini chocolate eggs to decorate
- Break up the chocolate into pieces and place into a heatproof glass bowl with the butter and syrup.
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and carefully place the glass bowl over it. Stir until melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and stir in the cornflakes until fully coated.
- Line a muffin tin with 12 cupcake cases. Divide cornflake mixture between the cases and press down gently with a teaspoon.
- Add three chocolate eggs to each nest.
- Chill in the refrigerator for a minimum 1 hour until set.