This Thermomix Leek and Potato Soup is creamy and warming and delicious. Top with crispy cheesy croutons for the perfect lunch on a cold day.
A simple leek and potato soup is a French classic, and this Thermomix recipe makes it even quicker and easier to make.
There's no chopping and stirring required as you let the Thermomix do all the hard work. And there's no extra washing up to do as you transfer from pan to blender - it's all done in the one bowl. Perfect!
Homemade leek and potato soup ingredients
Leek & potato soup has a simple list of ingredients, so hopefully not too much shopping is required!
- Vegetables - This easy leek and potato soup recipe uses the classic combination of leeks, potatoes, onions and garlic. For leeks, remember only to use the white and pale green sections. For the potatoes, any are fine, but aim for ones that are suitable for mashing for the best potato leek soup.
- Stock - you could use either chicken or vegetable stock here. I like to use a homemade chicken bone broth for the extra nutrients that it adds. Otherwise I use a tablespoon of Thermomix stock paste diluted in water.
- Cream - I like to use double cream to give a wonderful rich creamy texture to the soup. However, as the potatoes are quite creamy anyway, you can get away with single cream, or even milk if you are watching your calories.
How to make leek and potato soup in the Thermomix
Making leek and potato soup in the Thermomix is so quick and easy.
The only preparation required is roughly chopping the leeks and onions, and peeling the potatoes and garlic.
Then you let the Thermomix do all the work - chop and saute the vegetables, cook them all in the stock, then blend and finally mix through the cream.
The whole thing takes around 30 minutes, and for most of that you can sit down and enjoy a cup of tea while the Thermomix works its magic.
Making croutons for soup
A lot of leek and potato soup recipes suggest sprinkling crispy bacon pieces on top of the soup, but I am a bit of a sucker for a cheesy crouton on mine.
To make the croutons, just cut up a couple of slices of bread. Toss in olive oil and mix through some grated parmesan. Then bake in a pre-heated oven for around 10-15 minutes until they are golden brown.
Love Soup? You may also like these Thermomix Recipes:
Did you try this recipe? Please leave me a ⭐ review below!
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @mamalovestocookblog and follow along on Pinterest and Facebook! Enjoy!!!
Pin it for Later!
Mama Loves to Cook is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
Thermomix Leek and Potato Soup
- 1 small onion peeled and quartered
- 2 leeks rougly chopped (white and light green parts only)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 30 g butter
- 600 g potatoes peeled and roughly chopped
- 800 g stock
- 100 g heavy cream
For the croutons
- 2 slices bread
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan
- Add onion, leeks and garlic to the Thermomix bowl. Chop for 5 seconds / speed 5.
- Add butter to the bowl. Saute for 3 minutes / 100 degrees / speed 1 with the simmering basket on the lid in place of the MC.
- Add potatoes to the bowl. Cook for a further 5 minutes / 100 degrees / speed 1.
- Add stock to the bowl and cook for 20 minutes / 100 degrees / speed 1.
- insert the measuring cup and blend for 30 seconds / speed 9. Taste and season with salt & pepper.
- Add the cream and mix for 20 seconds / speed 4.
- Serve with croutons and a sprinkle of fresh parsley leaves.
To make the croutons
- Pre-heat the oven to 190C / 375F.
- Cut the bread into cubes.
- Toss the bread cubes in the olive oil mix through the parmesan.
- Place in a baking tray and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until crispy and golden brown. Give them a shake every 5 minutes or so.