This Thermomix Carrot and Lentil Soup is perfect for a cold winters day when your bones need warming up! Easy to make and filling too.
But as the weather turned colder (as I am writing it is the coldest day in my city in 25 years!), I decided it was time to turn those carrots into soup.
I polled my Facebook group as to what type of Thermomix carrot soup I should make and the answer was overwhelmingly - carrot and lentil. So here it is.
I love the vibrant colour of this carrot soup, and the addition of lentils helps to thicken it up and bulk it out, to help keep you fuller for longer. Win win.
Mama Loves to Cook is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, we may receive a small commission – at absolutely no extra cost to you.
The great thing about most soups is that they use store cupboard ingredients together with whatever you happen to have in your fridge. And this is no exception.
The stock I use for all my soups is my homemade chicken bone broth as it is full of amazing nutrients and tastes great. If I don't happen to have any in the fridge or freezer, then I will make up a stock from my Thermomix chicken stock paste.
However you can use any stock you have - chicken or vegetable is fine. Shop bought is also fine. Do remember that a lot of a soup's flavour comes from the stock though, so make sure it is a good quality one.
How to make carrot & lentil soup
Making this soup in the Thermomix is very quick and easy. You will have a piping hot bowl of soup in front of you in 25 minutes with very little effort.
First use the Thermomix to chop up your onion and garlic and saute it for 5 minutes.
Next stir through the spices.
Now toss the carrots into the Thermomix bowl, chop them up then add all the other ingredients and let it cook for 20 minutes.
Finally you just need to blend it to make it nice and smooth.
Pour it into serving bowls and swirl through some plain yoghurt to serve with a sprinkle of freshly chopped parsley.
Pin it for Later!
- 1 small onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 cloves garlic
- 30g olive oil
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 900g stock (I use homemade chicken bone broth, but you can also use 1 tbsp Thermomix stock paste plus 900g water or any other stock)
- 100g milk
- ½ tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- plain yoghurt & chopped fresh parsley to serve
- Add the onions and garlic to the Thermomix bowl. Chop for 3 seconds / speed 5.
- Scrape down the sides. Add the olive oil and saute for 5 minutes / 100 degrees / speed 1.
- Add the ground cumin and cayenne pepper. Mix for 5 seconds / speed 1.
- Add the carrots to the bowl. Chop for 5 seconds / speed 5.
- Rinse and drain the lentils and add to the bowl with the stock, milk, salt and pepper.
- Cook for 20 minutes / 100 degrees / speed 1.
- Blend for 1 minute / speed 9.
- Pour into bowls and finish with a swirl of yoghurt and a sprinkle of chopped parsley leaves.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 201Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 658mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 9g