This Thermomix Carrot and Lentil Soup is perfect for a cold winters day when your bones need warming up! Easy to make and filling too.
I always seem to have an abundance of carrots in my fridge. They are a regular in my kids lunch boxes, either as carrot sticks, ABC muffins, Carrot & Cheese muffins or carrot cupcakes.
But as the weather turned colder (as I am writing it is the coldest day in my city in 25 years!), I decided it was time to turn those carrots into soup.
I polled my Facebook group as to what type of Thermomix carrot soup I should make and the answer was overwhelmingly - carrot and lentil. So here it is.
I love the vibrant colour of this carrot soup, and the addition of lentils helps to thicken it up and bulk it out, to help keep you fuller for longer. Win win.
Mama Loves to Cook is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
The great thing about most soups is that they use store cupboard ingredients together with whatever you happen to have in your fridge. And this is no exception.
The stock I use for all my soups is my homemade chicken bone broth as it is full of amazing nutrients and tastes great. If I don't happen to have any in the fridge or freezer, then I will make up a stock from my Thermomix chicken stock paste.
However you can use any stock you have - chicken or vegetable is fine. Shop bought is also fine. Do remember that a lot of a soup's flavour comes from the stock though, so make sure it is a good quality one.
How to make carrot & lentil soup
Making this soup in the Thermomix is very quick and easy. You will have a piping hot bowl of soup in front of you in 25 minutes with very little effort.
First use the Thermomix to chop up your onion and garlic and saute it for 5 minutes.
Next stir through the spices.
Now toss the carrots into the Thermomix bowl, chop them up then add all the other ingredients and let it cook for 20 minutes.
Finally you just need to blend it to make it nice and smooth.
Pour it into serving bowls and swirl through some plain yoghurt to serve with a sprinkle of freshly chopped parsley.
Love Soup? You may also like these Thermomix Recipes:
Did you try this recipe? Please leave me a ⭐ review below!
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @mamalovestocookblog and follow along on Pinterest and Facebook! Enjoy!!!
Pin it for Later!
Thermomix Carrot and Lentil Soup
- 1 small onion peeled and quartered
- 2 cloves garlic
- 30 g olive oil
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 600 g carrots
- 150 g red lentils rinsed and drained
- 900 g stock I use homemade chicken bone broth, but you can also use 1 tablespoon Thermomix stock paste plus 900g water, or any other stock
- 100 g milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- plain yoghurt & chopped fresh parsley to serve
- Add the onions and garlic to the Thermomix bowl. Chop for 3 seconds / speed 5.
- Scrape down the sides. Add the olive oil and saute for 5 minutes / 100 degrees / speed 1.
- Add the ground cumin and cayenne pepper. Mix for 5 seconds / speed 1.
- Add the carrots to the bowl. Chop for 5 seconds / speed 5.
- Rinse and drain the lentils and add to the bowl with the stock, milk, salt and pepper.
- Cook for 20 minutes / 100 degrees / speed 1 with the simmering basket on the lid in place of the MC.
- Insert the measuring cup and blend for 1 minute / speed 9.
- Pour into bowls and finish with a swirl of yoghurt and a sprinkle of chopped parsley leaves.
Leave a Reply