This Thermomix pumpkin soup recipe is full of rich creamy pumpkin and sweet apple flavors, making it the perfect soul warmer on a cold autumnal day.
Roasting the pumpkin, onion and apple before you make the soup really intensifies the flavors, giving you a gorgeously rich and sweet soup, which is perfectly balanced with the fresh herbs and a touch of chili.
Served in large bowls with a hunk of crusty bread on the side, there's not much better for lunch when you need something comforting and delicious.
Pumpkin Soup Ingredients
This Thermomix pumpkin recipe is loaded with fresh vegetables, a red apple and fresh herbs, teamed with a flavorful stock and some cream for a touch of decadence.
- Pumpkin - I like to use a butternut squash for this tasty pumpkin soup as it is beautiful and sweet when roasted. Other types of pumpkin would also work.
- Apples - I prefer red apples as they add a lovely sweetness to the soup but you can use any apples you have.
- Red Chili - The red chili helps bring out the flavor of the other ingredients and gives a lovely glow to the palate. You can easily leave it out if you prefer.
- Garlic - you get a wonderful flavor from the roasted garlic. Roast them with their skins on and then squeeze out the flesh to go in the soup.
- Herbs - I love the flavors of fresh rosemary and thyme in the soup. You can replace with any herbs you like - even ½ teaspoon of dried mixed herbs would be fine.
- Stock - I like to use either homemade chicken bone broth, or Thermomix stock paste mixed with water to make the stock for this pumpkin apple soup.
- Single Cream - this adds a wonderful creaminess to the soup. You could replace with cooking cream, double cream or even leave it out if you are counting the calories, as the pumpkin is quite creamy on its own.
Making Thermomix Pumpkin Soup
The first step to making this Thermomix soup is roasting the vegetables. This helps intensify the flavors of the vegetables for the best pumpkin soup flavor.
To do this, you need to peel and roughly chop the pumpkin, apples and onion, de-seed the chili and then toss them all in olive oil and sprinkle over the chopped herbs.
They will take around 30-40 minutes in the oven to become nice and soft and golden brown.
Then the Thermomix does the rest: First blend the vegetables with the stock. Then cook it in Thermomix for ten minutes and finally mix in the cream.
Serve in bowls with a drizzle of cream and a sprinkle of chopped herbs and/or pumpkin seeds. A hunk of fresh crusty bread on the side would be perfect.
Pin it for Later!
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, we may receive a small commission – at absolutely no extra cost to you.
Mama Loves to Cook is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
- 1 kg butternut pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 2 red apples, peeled and quartered
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 red chili pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, leaves only
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, leaves only
- 800g chicken stock, (or 1 tbsp Thermomix stock paste and 800g water)
- 150ml single cream
- Pre-heat oven to 180C / 360F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin, apple and onion.
- De-seed the red chili and cut into quarters. Add to the bowl.
- Flatten the garlic cloves with the back of a heavy knife and add to the bowl.
- Pour the olive oil over the vegetables, sprinkle over the herbs and season with salt & pepper. Mix well.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and transfer the vegetables to the tray. Place in the oven and cook for 40 minutes, giving a stir after 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and remove the garlic cloves from the tray. Squeeze the flesh from the skins and discard the skins.
- Add the roasted vegetables (including garlic) into the Thermomix bowl.
- Add the stock and blend for 1 minute / speed 9.
- Now cook for 10 minutes / 100 degrees / speed 1.
- Add the cream and mix for 20 seconds / speed 4.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 375Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 302mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 6gSugar: 21gProtein: 9g