This Chinese-style Thermomix Chicken and Corn Soup is comforting and delicious and quick and easy to make.
Chicken and sweetcorn soup is one of those things that I crave on a regular basis. I grew up eating it at the local Chinese restaurant and now if I'm not feeling well it is one of my go-to comfort dishes.
And now with this easy recipe I don't even have to order it from the takeaway any more - it takes less than 30 minutes to make at home and it tastes every bit as good.
Mama Loves to Cook is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
You will need the following ingredients for this Chinese chicken corn soup recipe.
- Spring Onions (ie. green onions / scallions) - these are used in the soup itself for flavour and also finely chopped to decorate the soup at the end.
- Chicken Breast
- Creamed Corn
- Chicken Broth / stock - remember that the better your stock is, the better your soup will be. I like to use a homemade bone broth to make this soup. If I don't happen to have any in my fridge or freezer then I will substitute with a Thermomix chicken stock paste diluted in water. You can also use a shop-bought broth/stock.
- Soy Sauce
- Chinese Cooking Wine - you can substitute with dry sherry, Mirin or cooking sake.
- Egg - this helps to thicken the soup and give it its characteristic wispy egg appearance.
How to make Chicken Corn Soup
Making Thermomix Chicken and Sweetcorn soup is very easy.
Start by chopping the spring onions, garlic and ginger in the bowl and then sauteeing for 3 minutes.
Meanwhile you can slice up the chicken into small strips - I aim for them to be around the size of my little finger. They will break up some while you cook.
Next you add the chicken and flour to the bowl and cook briefly. And then add the stock, corn, soy sauce and cooking wine and leave it to cook for 15 minutes.
Finally you add in the egg. To do this, have it already whisked in a bowl or mug and pour it through the hole in the Thermomix while it stirs. This will help give the final thickening and characteristic appearance to the soup.
Transfer to bowls and sprinkle with some chopped spring onions to serve.
Love Soup? You may also like these Thermomix Recipes:
Did you try this recipe? Please leave me a ⭐ review below!
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @mamalovestocookblog and follow along on Pinterest and Facebook! Enjoy!!!
Pin it for Later!
Thermomix Chicken Corn Soup
- 2 spring onions (green onions/scallions)
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ inch piece ginger
- 15 g oil
- 1 chicken breast approx. 220g
- 25 g plain flour
- 1 420 g can creamed corn
- 500 g chicken stock / broth
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese cooking wine
- 1 egg whisked
- chopped spring onions to serve
- Top, tail and roughly chop spring onions and add to the Thermomix bowl together with the peeled garlic and ginger. Chop for 5 seconds / speed 5.
- Scrape down the bowl. Add oil and saute for 3 minutes / 100 degrees / speed 1.
- Meanwhile, cut the chicken into small strips (approximately the size of your little finger).
- Add the chicken and flour to the bowl. Cook for 1 minute / 90 degrees / speed 2.
- Add the creamed corn, stock, soy sauce and Chinese cooking wine to the bowl. Cook for 15 minutes / 100 degrees / speed 1 with the simmering basket on the lid in place of the MC.
- Set the Thermomix timer to 1 minute / speed 1. Pour the whisked egg through the hole in the lid and allow to mix.
- Divide into bowls and sprinkle with chopped spring onion to serve.