This cheese and bacon muffins Thermomix recipe is perfect for kids lunch boxes or for an on-the-go breakfast.
I am always experimenting with different muffins recipes as they are so useful to have for kids lunch boxes, picnics or snacks. These savoury muffins with bacon and cheese are a real hit with my daughter.
The flavor of the cheese is pretty mild in these savoury muffins, so they are perfect for fussy eaters. If you prefer to make the cheese flavor stronger, you could adjust the parmesan / cheddar ratio to have more parmesan, which has a stronger flavor.
How to make Thermomix Cheese & Bacon Muffins
Like most Thermomix muffin recipes, this recipe is quick and easy and just requires you to follow step by step.
One thing that differs is that this recipe for cheese bacon muffins suggests that you cook the bacon in a frying pan.
If you prefer to cook the bacon in the Thermomix too, I would suggest you grate the cheese first and set aside, then cook the bacon (5 minutes / 100 degrees / speed 1). Then set the bacon aside and wipe out the bowl with a paper towel before you melt the butter.
Because you need to wait for the butter to cool a little before you add the milk and eggs, I prefer to use this time to cook the bacon separately in a frying pan.
I also like to use an ice-cream/cookie scoop to divide the muffin mixture into the muffin cases. This is not only quicker and easier, but is a great way to ensure you get an equal amount of mixture into each muffin case.
Can you freeze savoury cheese and bacon muffins?
Yes you can. These muffins freeze really well. Once they are cool, I put them into a freezer bag and put them in the freezer. Try to use them within a month.
For my kids' lunch boxes, I pop in a muffin when still frozen, and they are defrosted and ready to eat by lunchtime.
Pin it for Later!
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a booking or purchase using one of these links, we may receive a small commission – at absolutely no extra cost to you.
Mama Loves to Cook is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
- Pre-heat the oven to 160C / 320F. Line a muffin tin with muffin cases.
- Put parmesan in the Thermomix and grate 10 seconds / speed 9. Set aside.
- Put cheddar in the Thermomix and grate 5 seconds / speed 8. Set aside with parmesan.
- Add butter to Thermomix and melt for 3 minutes / 60 degrees / speed 1. Allow to cool in the Thermomix while you cook the bacon.
- Meanwhile, fry the bacon in a frying pan, stirring, until browned.
- Add milk and eggs to cooled butter. Mix 10 seconds / speed 4.
- Add cheese and bacon to Thermomix. Mix 10 seconds / speed 4.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt to Thermomix. Mix 30 seconds / speed 4.
- Use a cookie scoop to divide mixture evenly between the muffin cases.
- Bake in the oven at 160C / 320F for 20 minutes, until an inserted skewer comes away clean.
If you prefer to cook the bacon in the Thermomix too, do this between steps 3 and 4. So grate the cheese first and set aside, then cook the bacon for 5 minutes / 100 degrees / speed 1. Then set the bacon aside and wipe out the bowl with a paper towel before you melt the butter.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 191Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 584mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 8g