This Thermomix Tomato Soup recipe is rich and creamy and full of fresh tomato flavors. Perfect served with crusty bread.
We love this creamy tomato soup for lunch, and making it in the Thermomix is super easy.
This easy tomato soup recipe is based on the Jamie Oliver tomato soup recipe, with a few additions and changes - and adapted to suit the Thermomix.
Ingredients for Tomato Soup
Tomatoes - This easy homemade tomato soup uses both fresh tomatoes and canned tomatoes. You could just use one or the other - but I think the combination gives you the best of both worlds: the depth of flavor from the canned tomatoes, and the freshness of the fresh tomatoes.
Carrot & Celery - These help to round out the flavor of the soup and also give some extra nutrients.
Stock - I always use my homemade chicken bone broth to make soups. It gives a wonderful flavor and is full of amazing nutrients. You could use any stock you have, and if you have a jar of Thermomix stock paste in your fridge, then just use that mixed with water. Vegetable stock is obviously also good if you want to make the soup vegetarian.
Sugar - Feel free to skip the sugar, but I think it helps bring out the flavor of the tomatoes.
Basil - Fresh basil is wonderful in tomato soup. I like to mix a handful of fresh leaves through at the end, and then sprinkle some chopped up leaves on top too.
Freezing Tomato Soup
This fresh tomato soup freezes really well and will last for up to 6 months in the freezer. And because there is no milk or cream in it, it is super easy to re-heat without worrying about it curdling.
I like to freeze it in portions and then defrost it overnight in the fridge when I am ready to eat it. You can also defrost in the microwave - again because there is no milk or cream in the recipe, this is easy to do.
Pin it for Later!
Mama Loves to Cook is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, we may receive a small commission – at absolutely no extra cost to you.
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 carrot, peeled and quartered
- 1 stick celery, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic
- 30g olive oil
- 400g chicken / veg stock (or 1 tsp Thermomix stock paste mixed with 400g water)
- 1 400g can diced tomatoes
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp sugar
- small handful fresh basil leaves
- Add the onion, carrot, celery and garlic to the Thermomix bowl. Chop for 5 seconds / speed 5.
- Scape down the bowl. Add the olive oil to the bowl. Saute the vegetables for 3 minutes / 100 degrees / speed 1.
- Add the stock, canned tomatoes, fresh tomatoes, sugar and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 25 minutes / 100 degrees / speed 1.
- Blend 1 minute / speed 9.
- Serve in bowls sprinkled with basil leaves and freshly ground black pepper.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 353Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 94mgSodium: 376mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 4gSugar: 9gProtein: 27g