This Banana Bread Thermomix recipe is so quick and easy you can happily bake up a loaf every week.
The best thing about making banana bread in the Thermomix is that it literally takes minutes to prepare the cake batter, and it never fails.
My daughter claims this is the best banana bread in the world. I'm not sure I can claim that, but I can promise that it is light and fluffy and oh so delicious.
My kids could literally eat the entire loaf in one sitting if I would let them!
Banana bread is perfect for school lunch boxes and after school snacks.
Mama Loves to Cook is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a booking or purchase using one of these links, we may receive a small commission – at absolutely no extra cost to you.
Banana Bread Ingredients
Banana bread is a great way of using up any overripe bananas sitting in your fruit bowl. The rest of the ingredients should be in your fridge or store cupboard.
Exact quantities can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Bananas - Make sure you choose nice ripe bananas for this Thermomix banana bread recipe. You want them to be nice and ripe to get the natural sweetness out of the fruit. They are best when they are starting to go brown on the outside, but not so ripe that they are mushy on the inside.
- Vanilla extract
- Butter - for best results your butter should be at room temperature or slightly softened.
- Brown sugar - If you don't have brown sugar, you could just use caster sugar or granulated sugar. I have done this and the results are good. However, I think the brown sugar gives it a wonderful richness.
- Eggs - your eggs should be at room temperature for best results, not straight from the fridge
- Plain flour - aka all purpose flour. You could substitute for self-raising flour and skip the baking powder, but I think you always get better results using plan flour and baking powder.
- Baking powder
- Bicarbonate of soda - aka baking soda.
Looking for a recipe without refined sugar? Check out our Banana and Honey Muffins Thermomix recipe.
Making Thermomix Banana Bread
Making a banana bread in the Thermomix is so super easy.
Step 1: Mash the bananas
Start by mashing the bananas together with the vanilla extract and set aside.
Step 2: Cream the butter and sugar
Now cream together the butter and sugar until nice and fluffy. If your butter is at room temperature this should only take 30 seconds. If your butter is straight out of the fridge, you might need to repeat for a further 10-20 seconds.
Step 3: Add eggs and bananas
Next mix in the eggs and mashed bananas. Don't worry if the mixture doesn't look very nice after this stage - it will get better!
Step 4: Add dry ingredients
Next add in the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder and baking soda.
Step 5: Bake!
Finally pour the mixture into your prepared tin and bake in the oven.
Baking Banana Bread
To prepare my bread tin, I lightly grease it with butter first, and then dust it with flour. I also add some baking paper to the bottom of the tin.
This banana bread could take anywhere from 50 minutes to an hour in the oven, depending on your oven.
Check it after 50 minutes by piercing the middle with a skewer and seeing if it comes away clean. If it does, it is ready. If not, then give it a further 5-10 minutes.
Once it is ready, remove it from the tin and let it cool on a wire rack before slicing and serving.
Thermomix Banana Muffins
If you don't have time to make a loaf, you could use this Thermomix banana bread recipe to make muffins, which only take 20 minutes to bake.
Simply spoon them into muffin tins instead of a loaf tin.
You can see me recipe for Thermomix Chocolate Banana Bread here.
FAQs and Top Tips
The best bananas are ripe bananas. You want them to be very ripe to get the natural sweetness out of the fruit. They are best when they are starting to go brown on the outside, but not so ripe that they are mushy on the inside.
To keep banana bread fresh, cover with plastic wrap or store in an airtight container on your counter for up to 4 days. For best results, do not refrigerate.
Yes banana bread freezes very well. You can freeze either a whole loaf, a leftover half loaf or slices of the bread. Wrap them in foil and then store in a Ziploc bag in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Love baking? You may also like these recipes:
- Thermomix Banana Bread
- Thermomix Banana Choc Chip Muffins
- Thermomix Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Thermomix Chocolate Cake
- Thermomix White Chocolate Mud Cake
- Thermomix Brownies
- Thermomix Lemon Bundt Cake
- Thermomix Sugar Cookies
- Thermomix Scones
- Thermomix Donuts
- Pre-heat oven to 160C / 320F. Prepare your loaf tin by lightly greasing with butter, dusting with flour and lining the bottom with baking paper.
- Place bananas and vanilla extract in the Thermomix bowl. Mix for 5 seconds / speed 5. Set aside.
- Add butter and sugar. Mix 30 seconds / speed 5.
- Add the eggs and mashed bananas to the bowl. Mix 10 seconds / speed 4.
- Add the flour, baking powder and baking soda to the bowl. Mix 20 seconds / speed 5.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared bread tin.
- Bake in the oven for 50-55 minutes, until a skewer comes away clean when inserted into the middle.
- Remove from the tin and allow to cool on a wire rack.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 249Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 242mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 4g