This Thermomix Chicken Meatballs recipe is perfect for kids, with hidden carrot and apple. Serve with spaghetti and tomato sauce, rice or pop them in their lunch boxes.
I have a confession to make - my kids love IKEA meatballs! Both the beef and chicken ones. I mean, what is that about?
Anyway, I'm sure there's nothing wrong with IKEA meatballs but I prefer to make up my own meatball recipes, so at least I feel a bit better about what's going into their tummies.
I can use it as an opportunity to sneak in some extra fruit & veg too, which is why these chicken meatballs are laced with onion, apple and carrot.
This recipe for chicken meatballs in the Thermomix is the result of my experiments. My kids say they taste just like the IKEA chicken meatballs... but I really don't agree... Whatever, as long as they eat them, that's ok with me!
How to cook chicken meatballs
I think the best way to cook these meatballs is to fry them. Dust them with some flour first while you heat some oil in a skillet and then fry them for around 5 or 6 minutes, turning frequently until they are browned all over.
Alternatively you can cook chicken meatballs in the oven. Pre-heat the oven to 400F / 200C, spray a baking tray with some oil and then bake the meatballs for around 20 minutes.
I usually fry my first batch, and then cook any frozen meatballs in the oven (see below).
Can you freeze chicken meatballs?
Yes! These meatballs can be frozen. Freeze them raw on a baking tray in the freezer, and then transfer to a freezer bag once frozen.
There's no need to defrost the chicken meatballs before cooking them. Just cook them from frozen in the oven (see above). Pre-heat the oven to 400F / 200C, place on a baking tray and cook for around 20 minutes. Too easy!
How to serve chicken meatballs
These chicken meatballs are pretty versatile and we serve them in many different ways. Here are a few ideas:
- With spaghetti and marinara sauce
- With rice and a sweet and sour sauce
- Wrapped in lettuce leaves
- In lunch boxes with tomato ketchup or another dipping sauce
- In hot dog buns
Love Chicken? You may love this recipes:
Did you try this recipe? Please leave me a ⭐ review below!
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @mamalovestocookblog and follow along on Pinterest and Facebook! Enjoy!!!
Pin it for Later!
Mama Loves to Cook is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
Thermomix Chicken Meatballs
- 12 Inch Fry Pan
- Cookie Scoop
- 20 g parmesan cheese
- 1 slice bread crusts removed
- 1 apple peeled, cored and quartered
- 1 carrot peeled and quartered
- 1 small onion peeled and quartered
- 15 g olive oil
- 350 g chicken breast cubed
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- 1 teaspoon Thermomix chicken stock paste mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- plain flour for coating
- ¼ cup olive oil for shallow frying
- Put cubes of Parmesan cheese into Thermomix bowl and grate 10 seconds / speed 9. Set aside.
- Tear bread into bits and place in bowl. Chop 5 seconds / speed 5. Set aside with the parmesan.
- Add apple and carrot to the bowl. Chop 5 seconds / speed 5. Set aside with the parmesan and breadcrumbs.
- Add onion to the bowl. Chop 5 seconds / speed 5.
- Add olive oil and saute the onion for 3 minutes / 100 degrees / speed 1.
- Add chicken, parmesan, breadcrumbs, carrot, apple, garlic salt, Italian herbs and chicken stock to the bowl and season with salt & pepper. Mix together for 10 seconds / speed 7.
- Roll tablespoon sized scoops of the mixture (I use a cookie scoop) into meatballs. Chill in the fridge for 1 hour or until ready to cook.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Dust the meatballs with flour then fry over a medium-hot heat for around 5-6 minutes, turning frequently, until browned all over. Drain on paper towel before serving.
Leave a Reply