Has your Thermomix lost its shine? A lemon and egg shell wash is the perfect way to get it back to its sparkling best. Read how to do it here.
If your Thermomix gets a good work out in the kitchen most weeks, over time you will notice that it starts to lose its shine.
Well never fear because there is a really simple way to get your Thermomix bowl back to its sparkling best: an eggshell and lemon wash.
See below for before and after shots:
Mama Loves to Cook is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
This is perfect to do after you make a recipe that uses these ingredients, such as Lemon Curd or Hollandaise Sauce. Don't throw those eggshells and lemon skins away - use them to get your jug sparkling clean!
What you need
All you need for this Thermomix deep clean technique is:
- Egg shells
- Lemon skins or leftover lemons
There is no specific number of lemon skins or egg shells required - just enough to cover the blades. 3-4 of each is ideal.
How to do it
To clean your bowl with lemons and egg shells, just drop them into the bowl. You just need enough to cover the blades.
Next chop them up - 10 seconds / speed 8. They will look like this:
Then scrape down the bowl and pour in enough water to cover the blades. Set the timer for 30 minutes / 50 degrees / speed 1.
That's it! Empty out your contents and thoroughly rinse the bowl and it should look like new!
You may also like these articles:
- What is a Thermomix? All your questions answered
- Thermomix TM5 vs TM6 - a comparison
- Best Thermomix Accessories
- Best Thermomix Alternatives
Thermomix Lemon and Eggshell Wash
- 3-4 Eggshells
- 3-4 Lemon skins
- Water to cover blades
- Add eggshells and lemon skins to the Thermomix bowl. Chop for 10 seconds / speed 8.
- Scrape down the bowl and add enough water to cover the blades. Cook for 30 minutes / 50 degrees / speed 1.
- Empty contents and thoroughly rinse the bowl.