This Mac and Cheese Thermomix recipe is perfect for a quick and easy kids dinner.
This is one of my go-to thermomix recipes for my kids dinner and they ask for it at least once a week!
The quantities are for two kids, but you can easily double it for four kids or increase a bit more if it's for the whole family.
Cooking Pasta in the Thermomix
Honestly, I hardly ever cook the macaroni in the Thermomix for this Thermomix mac n cheese.
I find it quicker to put a saucepan on to cook the macaroni while I make the cheese sauce in the Thermomix.
I have however included instructions for cooking the pasta in the Thermomix if you find that easier. If, like me, you prefer to cook the macaroni in a saucepan, just skip straight to the cheese sauce thermomix recipe bit.
Come join our Facebook Group!
It's where we talk about cooking and baking and share recipes, tips, photos and more. Come join the fun!
Hidden Vegetable Mac and Cheese
If you want to sneak in some extra veggies to this recipe, go ahead. I always pop in a cube of cauliflower puree to this macaroni cheese thermomix recipe.
I add in a cube of frozen cauliflower puree between steps 5 and 6. I add it to the bowl and heat through for 2 minutes / 100 degrees / speed 1. Then I add the cheese as per the recipe.
My kids never even notice *insert evil laugh*.
Love Mac n Cheese? Wait til you try these Fried Mac n Cheese Bites!
Mac and Cheese Under the Grill
For me putting the mac and cheese under the oven grill before you serve it just finishes off the dish perfectly. I love those gooey chewy cheesy bits on top.
However, my kids actually prefer their macaroni cheese without going under the grill. This suits me if I'm just cooking for them as it saves a bit of time!
So if you aren't fussed about those gooey chewy cheesy bits, then you can skip step 8 altogether and just serve it after you've mixed the pasta through the sauce.
Pin it for Later!
To cook the macaroni
- Add water and salt to Thermomix bowl and heat for 10 minutes / 100 degrees / speed 1.
- Add macaroni and cook 8-10 minutes / (or according to packet instructions) 100 degrees / speed 1 / REVERSE /MC off. Drain and set aside.
- Rinse and dry Thermomix bowl.
To make the cheese sauce
- Cut cheese into cubes and add to bowl. Grate cheese for 5 seconds / speed 8. Set aside.
- Add butter to bowl. Melt butter for 2 minutes / 60 degrees / speed 2.
- Add flour and milk. Cook for 12 minutes / 100 degrees / speed 3.
- Add 100g of cheese. Cook for 2 minutes / 100 degrees /speed 1-2.
- Pour sauce over macaroni and stir to mix thoroughly.
- Transfer mac and cheese to ovenproof dish, sprinkle with remaining cheese and put under grill until cheese is melted, bubbling and starting to brown.
To make this dish quicker, I usually cook the macaroni in a saucepan at the same time as making the cheese sauce in the Thermomix.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 454Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 1035mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 20g