These Thermomix Nutella Brownies are soft and fudgy and full of that delicious chocolate hazelnut flavour.
These brownies are such a treat and are really easy to make up a batch in the Thermomix.
They not only have Nutella mixed through the batter, but they have an extra layer of Nutella added at the end for an extra hit. I got this idea from the Cookies & Cups Cookbook.
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, we may receive a small commission – at absolutely no extra cost to you.
Mama Loves to Cook is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
These brownies get all their chocolatey flavour from the Nutella. I also use chocolate chips to get those yummy melted little nuggets of chocolate throughout the brownies.
You will need the following, most (or all) of which will hopefully be in your store cupboard and fridge:
- Brown sugar - you can substitute with other sugar like raw sugar or white sugar, but brown sugar will give you a richer, moister result
- Vanilla extract
- Nutella - either store bought or homemade Thermomix Nutella
- Chocolate Chips - milk chocolate, or dark chocolate depending on your preference. You can skip them altogether but I think you will find the brownies better with them 🙂
Making Thermomix brownies is very quick and easy. Use the Thermomix to mix up the batter:
Butter and sugar, then eggs, vanilla and Nutella, followed by flour and salt.
To add the chocolate chips, the easiest way is to weigh in the chocolate chips using the Thermomix scales and then use your Thermomix spatula to mix them in.
Now pour the batter into the tin and smooth it down.
Now comes the extra special Nutella part. Spoon six teaspoons of extra Nutella onto the top of the brownie batter and use a fork to smooth it on, so that it is mixed in but remains on top.
Now pop it in the oven and bake for around 25-30 minutes.
You can test that it is cooked by checking with a skewer and if it comes away clean. Note though that you may hit a chocolate chip, which means the skewer will come away with chocolate on it - so you may need to check a few times.
Let the brownies cool in the tin for at least 30 minutes before lifting them out with the paper and cut into squares for serving.
FAQs and Top Tips
Yes you can freeze brownies. This is best done while they are whole - ie. before cutting. Wrap in foil and keep in a freezer bag for up to 3 months. Defrost on the counter and cut into portions. You can also freeze portions in an airtight container.
There is no need to refrigerate brownies. Keep them in an airtight container on the counter and they will last several days.
You can several things to jazz up your brownies. Try chopped nuts (pecans/hazelnuts/walnuts), M&Ms, butterscotch chips, honeycomb...
Love Chocolate? You will also love these Thermomix recipes:
Pin it for Later!
- 75g butter
- 100g brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 300g Nutella
- 100g plain flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 130g chocolate chips
- 6 tsp Nutella extra
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C / 360F.
- Line an 8-inch square baking tray with baking paper. Ensure you have enough overhang on the paper to allow you to easily lift the brownies out of the pan.
- Add butter and sugar to the Thermomix bowl. Mix for 30 seconds / speed 4.
- Add eggs, vanilla and Nutella to the bowl. Mix for 20 seconds / speed 4.
- Add the flour and salt to the bowl. Mix for 30 seconds / speed 4.
- Weigh in the chocolate chips. Use a spatula to mix them into the batter.
- Pour into the prepared baking tray and smooth over.
- Add the extra six teaspoons of Nutella spaced apart on top of the batter. Use a fork to swirl it in, ensuring it is mixed in but still remains on the surface.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes away clean. Remember that brownies will feel more dense than cake and that the chocolate chips may cause there to be melted chocolate on the skewer.
- Allow to cool in the tin for at least 30 minutes before using the baking paper to lift the brownies out of the tin and cut into squares.
See here for my homemade Thermomix Nutella recipe.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 240Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 123mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 2gSugar: 22gProtein: 3g