These Christmas Brownies make cute homemade Christmas gifts and look great on your holiday party table.
I love a good excuse to make up a batch of brownies and so coming up with different brownie decorating ideas for Christmas is perfect. Here I share two of my favorites: Reindeers and Christmas trees.
These brownie decorations are just the beginning! Use your imagination to create other Christmas brownies ideas. Let me know what you come up with!
Do you have a Thermomix? I recommend using our Thermomix Chocolate Brownies recipe to make these.
Don't miss all these other cute Christmas treat ideas: 21 Christmas Party Food Ideas
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, we may receive a small commission – at absolutely no extra cost to you.
To make brownies you need to start with melting the chocolate and butter together.
You can either do this in the microwave in 30-second bursts OR you can place the chocolate and butter into a heatproof bowl and melt it over a saucepan of simmering water. Make sure you keep stirring to make sure it doesn't go grainy.
Next you add in the vanilla and sugar and then stir in the eggs. (You can use a handheld or electric whisk for this). Finally mix in the flour and cocoa powder and then transfer the batter to a lined baking tray.
Bake it in the oven for 25 minutes and then remove from the oven and allow it to cool in the pan until it is completely cool.
Then you can lift it out and cut it up into your desired shape, depending on which Christmas brownie recipe you are planning.
To make these cute brownies, cut the brownies up into 12 small rectangles. Use a small dot of icing to fix the eyes and nose in place. Pipe some icing onto the back of each pretzel and fix in place. Pipe an icing smile.
I use a piping bag and Wilton number 4 to make piping the icing easy and more accurate.
Note that these Rudolph brownies don't travel all that well as the antlers are quite fragile. It's best to do the brownies decoration wherever you are planning to serve them.
Christmas Tree Brownies
To make these, cut the brownies up into small triangles.
Pipe on the tinsel (I use a piping bag and Wilton number 4 piping tip), use a dot of icing to afix the sugar star at the top of the tree and then add the sugar baubles to decorate.
Pin it for Later!
Mama Loves to Cook is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
- 8oz (200g) dark chocolate
- 14 tbsp (200g) butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (200g) brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup (100g) all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (30g) cocoa powder
- Royal Icing
- Red Smarties or Jaffas
- Icing eyes
- Green food coloring
- Sugar baubles
- Sugar stars
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F / 180C. Line a 9-inch baking tin with baking paper, ensuring you fully cover the sides of the dish.
- Break up the chocolate into pieces and place in a heatproof bowl.
- Chop up the butter and add to the bowl.
- EITHER microwave in 30 second-bursts, stirring each time until melted and smooth. OR place the bowl over a pan of simmering water and stir with a wooden spoon until melted and smooth and then remove from heat.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and sugar.
- Stir in the eggs and mix until smooth.
- Add the flour and cocoa powder and stir until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking tray and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely in the tin.
- Once cool cut the brownies into rectangles.
- Use icing to fix the eyes, nose and antlers in place. Pipe on a smile.
Christmas Tree brownies
- Once cool, cut the brownies into triangles.
- Use icing to pipe on the tinsel.
- Decorate the tinsel with sugar baubles and use icing to fix a star to the top of the tree.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 93Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 60mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 3g