These Thermomix Christmas Shortbread Bites are sweet, buttery and delicious - and so easy to make! Perfect for gift bags, bake sales or party tables.
These are perfect for Christmas baking - they are quick, easy, and look pretty and festive. They are great for piling into a bowl for a Christmas party table, or dividing up into little bags for gifts.
Beware though - you think you will just pop one tiny little square in your mouth, but you can't ... because one is never enough!
Why you'll love this recipe
- It uses just 3 store cupboard ingredients - plus sprinkles.
- It is quick and easy to make... but still delicious.
- It's easy to adapt to other times of years by changing up the colour of the sprinkles (Valentine's Day, baby showers...)
- They are perfect for gift bags, bake sales or party tables.
It's hard to believe these shortbread bites taste so good when they have just four ingredients - including the sprinkles!
- Butter - cold from the fridge
- Caster sugar
- Plain flour - aka all purpose flour.
- Christmas sprinkles - I have used non pareils (ie. 100s and 100s) but you could use other sprinkles too.
See recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to Make Shortbread Bites
Shortbread bites are made with a basic shortbread recipe, with some festive sprinkles mixed through.
Instead of baking the shortbread in one piece and then cutting it as you would do for traditional shortbread, for the bites you cut them up first and bake them individually.
Step 1: Mix together the butter, sugar and flour in the Thermomix.
Step 2: Mix through the sprinkles.
Step 3: Line an 8-inch square baking tin with baking paper. Make sure you have enough of an overhang with the paper to allow you to lift out the shortbread later.
Use your hands to press the shortbread dough into the tin. Sprinkle the extra tablespoon of sprinkles over the top.
Now use the flat edge of a measuring cup to press down for a smoother finish.
Step 4: Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Meanwhile pre-heat your oven.
Step 5: Use the baking paper to lift the shortbread out of the tin. Use a sharp knife to cut 1 inch slices in the dough, and then cut across the slices to create 1 inch squares.
Step 6: Transfer the squares to a baking sheet and bake in the pre-heated oven for around 10-12 minutes. Remove them before they start to go brown.
The shortbread will be soft when you remove it from the oven but it will firm up as it cools. Leave it on the baking sheet to cool.
LOOKING FOR MORE CHRISTMAS PARTY FOOD IDEAS? YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THESE:
Did you try this recipe? Please leave me a ⭐ review below!
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @mamalovestocookblog and follow along on Pinterest and Facebook! Enjoy!!!
Thermomix Christmas Shortbread Bites
- 8 x 8 inch baking tin
- baking paper
- 175 g butter cold from fridge
- 75 g caster sugar
- 250 g plain flour
- 25 g sprinkles + 1 tablespoon extra
- First line your baking tin with baking paper. Ensure you have enough overlap to make it easy to lift out the shortbread. Set aside.
- Add the butter, sugar and flour to the Thermomix bowl. Mix for 10 seconds / speed 6.
- Weigh in the sprinkles. Mix with Dough function / 20 seconds.
- Empty the cookie dough into the baking tin and gently press it into the tin with your fingers.
- Sprinkle over the extra tablespoon of sprinkles.
- Now use the flat edge of a measuring cup to press down the top of the dough for a smoother finish.
- Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes. Meanwhile pre-heat the oven to 180C / 350 F.
- Once chilled, use the baking paper to lift the shortbread out of the tin. Use a sharp knife to cut 1 inch slices in the dough, and then cut across the slices to create 1 inch squares.
- Transfer the squares to a baking sheet and bake in the pre-heated oven for around 10-12 minutes. Remove them before they start to go brown.
- Allow to cool on the baking tray and transfer to an airtight container.