These Thermomix Nutella Cookies have a gooey fudgy centre that gives you a delicious explosion of Nutella flavour.
We LOVE these Nutella stuffed cookies in my house. I don't even particularly like Nutella and I love these cookies.
They have a slight crunch to the outside, a deliciously chewy middle and an explosion of chocolate hazelnut flavour thanks to the gooey Nutella centre.
These cookies are definitely best eaten fresh out of the oven, when the centre is at its gooiest best. But they will last a few days in an airtight container.
Mama Loves to Cook is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
Nutella in Cookies
You can either use store-bought Nutella for these Thermomix cookies... or make your own!
For the cookies shown in the photos here I actually used a mixture - I used store-bought Nutella for the gooey centre and homemade Thermomix Nutella to mix in with the cookie dough.
So it is up to you - whatever you happen to have in your store cupboard.
Pssst.... You may also like these Thermomix Nutella Muffins!
How to make Nutella Cookies
Making these scrumptious cookies is super easy (as you will see in the photos, my 10-year old can make them)... but you do need to set aside some time to freeze the Nutella centres first.
To do this, line a tray with baking paper and spoon teaspoonfuls of Nutella onto the tray. Freeze this for at least 30 minutes to an hour. The blobs of Nutella should peel off easily from the paper once they are ready.
Once the Nutella is frozen and ready to use, you can make the Thermomix cookie dough.
Do this by creaming together the butter and sugar, then adding in the eggs, vanilla and Nutella, and finally mixing in the dry ingredients - flour, bicarbonate of soda, cornflour and salt.
You don't need to chill this cookie dough. I have made these with non-chilled dough and chilled dough, and they turn out the same.
So if you want to make the dough earlier and chill, that is fine too - just let it soften up again to enable you to work with it.
To make the cookies, use a cookie scoop to scoop out the dough and then push your thumb into the middle to create a dent.
Put a frozen nugget of Nutella into the hole and wrap the cookie dough around it and roll into a ball. Make sure the Nutella is completely covered.
Place the balls onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Space them out as they will spread as they cook. I put 6 cookies per tray.
Now bake in the oven for around 10 minutes until they are golden brown. Remember that cookies are always soft when they come out of the oven and firm up as they cool.
Allow them to cool for a few minutes on the tray before transferring to a cooling rack.
For the BEST flavour, eat them while they are still warm. They will have a slight crunch on the outside, be chewy on the inside with a delicious centre of melted gooey Nutella.
Love Cookies? You may also like these recipes:
- Thermomix Choc Chip Cookies
- Thermomix Pinwheel Cookies
- Thermomix Nutella Cookies
- Thermomix Gingerbread
- Thermomix Anzac Biscuits
- Thermomix Caramel Slice
FAQs and Top Tips
Yes you can - it will last in the freezer for up to 3 months. Bring it back to room temperature or slightly chilled before using.
Yes you can also freeze the cookies once they are made into balls. Keep in an airtight container for up to 3 months. No need to defrost; you can just bake them from frozen. Add 1-2 minutes to the baking time.
Pin it for Later!
Thermomix Nutella Cookies
- Non-Stick Baking Pan
- Cookie Scoop
- 20 teaspoon Nutella
- 115 g butter
- 150 g brown sugar
- 70 g white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 50 g Nutella
- 250 g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Line a tray with baking paper. Spoon teaspoonfuls of Nutella onto the tray and freeze for 30 mins - an hour, until the blobs of Nutella peel off the paper easily.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 C / 360 F.
- Add the butter and sugars to the Thermomix bowl. Mix for 1 minute / speed 4.
- Add the eggs, vanilla and Nutella to the bowl. Mix for 30 seconds / speed 4.
- Add the flour, bicarbonate of soda, cornflour and salt. Mix for 30 seconds / speed 4.
- Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to portion scoops of the cookie dough. Use your thumb to create a dent in the middle of the scoop. Place a nugget of frozen Nutella into the dent and then fold up the cookie dough around it and roll into a ball. Ensure the Nutella is completely encased with cookie dough.
- Place the balls on a baking tray lined with baking paper. They will spread as they cook so I only put 6 cookies per tray.
- Bake in the oven for around 10 minutes. Remember that cookies are soft when they first come out of the oven and will firm up as they cool.
- Allow to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes until they are firm enough to transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- These cookies are best enjoyed when they are still sightly warm and the centre is nice and gooey.
Leave a Reply