This gorgeous chewy Thermomix choc chip cookies recipe is an absolute classic that should be in everybody's repertoire.
There's something just so comforting about a homemade chocolate chip cookie. Crisp on the outside, chewy on the inside with gooey chocolatey bits, they really are the best.
And Thermomix cookies really are so quick and easy to make - your dough is ready in just minutes with minimal effort required.
This makes them great for baking with kids, or for last minute play dates or picnics. Enjoy!
How to make Thermomix chocolate chip cookies
As with so much Thermomix baking, making these amazing chocolate chip cookies is super easy.
First you need to cream together the butter and sugar for 1 minute. Then add the eggs and vanilla and mix for another minute. Next add in the flour, baking soda and salt and mix for 40 seconds.
And finally weigh in the chocolate chips and stir them through with the spatula. And your choc chip cookie dough is ready in under 5 minutes!
Next you need to chill the dough for around an hour before baking them.
I like to use a cookie scoop to scoop them onto the baking tray. They then take around 10 minutes in the oven.
They will still be quite soft when they come out of the oven but should be golden brown. They will firm up as they cool.
Tips for making the best chocolate chip cookies
Here are a few things that will help making chocolate chip cookies easier and result in the best cookies.
- Chill your cookie dough for at least an hour before you bake them. This will help the cookies keep their shape.
- Use a cookie scoop to make it quicker and easier to scoop out your cookies and to ensure they are all an even size.
- Leave enough space in between your cookies for them to expand and flatten out as they bake.
- Use baking paper to ensure the cookies don't stick.
- Make sure your baking sheet is cool before you put the dough on (I wave mine around to cool them quicker in between batches!)
- After you have scooped out the cookie dough, you can add a couple of extra chocolate chips to the top of each ball of dough to help them look better once baked.
- Let them cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet before transferring them to the cooling rack. They will continue to firm up as they cool so don't worry if they seem very soft.
- If you prefer a crunchier cookie, leave them in the oven for a couple of extra minutes.
Freezing Cookie Dough
You can also freeze this cookie dough for later. To do this, I scoop it out onto a baking sheet as if I were going to bake them (but no need to leave the space in between) and freeze them in balls.
Once they are frozen you can transfer them to a bag to keep in the freezer. Then to cook them you just pop them back onto a baking tray and bake - no need to defrost first. Instant cookies!
Cookie dough will last up to 3 months in the freezer.
Pin it for Later!
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, we may receive a small commission – at absolutely no extra cost to you.
Mama Loves to Cook is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
- 125g butter
- 150g brown sugar
- 70 white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 150g chocolate chips (dark or milk chocolate or a combination of the two)
- Add butter and sugars to the Thermomix bowl. Cream together for 1 minute / speed 4.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract. Mix for 1 minute / speed 4.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix for 40 seconds / speed 4.
- Weigh in the chocolate chips. Use a spatula to stir them into the mixture.
- Transfer the cookie dough to a bowl and chill in the fridge for an hour.
- Pre-heat the oven to 170C / 340F.
- Use a cookie scoop to divide the mixture onto a baking tray. Make sure you leave enough space between the cookies for them to expand and flatten out.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes on the tray before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 157Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 116mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 1g