This Thermomix Toad in the Hole is a classic British dish that is warm and comforting and perfect for a quick and easy family meal.
Toad in the Hole is one of my kids absolutely favourite dishes. This Traditional English dish is basically sausages baked in a bed of Yorkshire Pudding batter. I mean... sausages and Yorkshire Pudding. What's not to love?!
Pour over lashings of gravy and you have yourself the best in comfort food. Thanks to making the batter in the Thermomix, it is a super simple dish to make too.
This recipe is for a Toad in the Hole for two as I make it for my kids more than for the four of us. If you want to serve four, just double the recipe and opt for a larger dish.
Mama Loves to Cook is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
Ingredients for Toad in the Hole
This recipe uses hardly any ingredients! You will just need the following:
- Sausages - any sausages will do, but given they are the main flavour of the dish, go for good quality sausages. I like to use big fat sausages like in the photos, but really any will do.
- Plain flour (NOT self-raising)
- Milk - full fat milk is best
How to make Toad in the Hole
First thing to do when making Toad in the Hole is to make the batter. This is because the batter works best if it has been set aside for at least 30 minutes to an hour.
To make the batter in the Thermomix, you just need to add all the ingredients to the bowl and mix for 20 seconds / speed 4. Done! Now set it aside to rest.
When you are ready, pre-heat your oven to 200C / 400F and then pour the oil into your roasting tin and place it in the oven to heat for 5 minutes.
Now prick your sausages a few times with a fork and put them in the roasting tin and return it to the oven for 10-15 minutes, depending on how thick your sausages are (I do 15 minutes with the thick sausages).
Next take the roasting tin out of the oven, pour over the batter and return to the oven for 25-30 minutes, until the Yorkshire pudding batter has risen and turned a rich golden brown colour.
What to serve with Toad in the Hole
Toad in the Hole is best when served with gravy. If we have a roast dinner, I always save some extra gravy so that I can heat it up later in the week when I make toad in the hole.
There's no need for any additional carbs on the side, but maybe add some green veggies on the side - peas or broccoli. Although I'm pretty sure my kids would tell you otherwise.
You may also like these Thermomix Recipes:
Did you try this recipe? Please leave me a ⭐ review below!
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @mamalovestocookblog and follow along on Pinterest and Facebook! Enjoy!!!
Pin it for Later!
Thermomix Toad in the Hole
- 140 g plain flour
- 3 eggs
- 200 g milk
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 450 g Sausages
- Start by making the Yorkshire pudding batter. Add the flour, eggs and milk to the Thermomix bowl. Mix for 20 seconds / speed 4. Transfer to a jug, cover and set aside for at least 30 minutes to an hour.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C / 400F.
- Add the olive oil to a deep-sided baking tin. Put into the oven for 5 minutes to heat up.
- Add the sausages to the tin. Cook for 10-15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the sausages. (I do 15 minutes for thick sausages).
- Carefully remove the tin from the oven and pour the batter into the tin. Return to the oven for 25-30 minutes, until the Yorkshire pudding is puffed up and golden brown.
- Serve with gravy and enjoy.
Leave a Reply