This quick and easy Thermomix Caesar Dressing is rich and creamy and is delicious smothered over lettuce leaves for the best Caesar Salad.
Most people buy Caeser dressing in a bottle to use on their salad. But it is so easy to make a homemade Caeser dressing from scratch - particularly if you have a Thermomix to do all the hard work!
This Thermomix salad dressing is ready in just minutes and tastes delicious. I like to serve mine with grilled chicken, crispy bacon and croutons over romaine lettuce. Don't forget to add some extra parmesan and a good sprinkling of freshly ground black pepper too.
It is also delicious served in a tortilla wrap.
Ingredients for Caesar Dressing
This Thermomix dressing uses all the ingredients of a traditional Caesar salad dressing.
The only difference is I have used shop-bought mayonnaise instead of raw eggs and oil. This means it will last longer, and you don't need to worry about giving it to your kids or pregnant ladies!
- Parmesan - use good quality Parmesan cut from a block.
- Garlic - quantity depends on the size of your garlic cloves and how garlicky you like your dressing. I use two small cloves or one large clove.
- Anchovy fillets - yes there are anchovies in Caesar dressing and no, you shouldn't leave them out! I know a lot of people don't like the idea of anchovies, but they help give it the classic Caesar dressing flavor. You can substitute with anchovy paste if you prefer.
- Lemon juice - freshly squeezed from a lemon is best.
- Dijon mustard
- Worcestershire sauce
- Mayonnaise - you could use homemade mayonnaise if you have some, or your favorite brand of store-bought mayo is fine too. I use Hellman's.
- Salt & Pepper
How to make Caesar Dressing in the Thermomix
Making Caeser dressing in the Thermomix is super quick and easy. And you will love how rich, creamy and flavorful it is.
First, grate the Parmesan and set aside (10 seconds / speed 9).
Next finely chop the garlic (3 seconds / speed 7).
Then add all the other ingredients and blend well (1 minute / speed 5).
And that's it!
Note that this recipe for Caeser dressing is quite thick. If you prefer it less creamy and more runny, you can thin it down with a little oil - choose an oil without a strong flavor, such as grapeseed oil.
What can you put in a Caesar Salad?
Caesar Salad is traditionally made with cut romaine lettuce tossed with a traditional Caesar dressing and topped with crunchy croutons and shaved or grated parmesan. However you can add whatever else you like to your Caesar Salad.
Here are some popular additions:
- Grilled chicken
- Poached salmon
- Grilled shrimp / prawns
- Crispy bacon
- Cherry tomatoes
- Poached or boiled egg
Pin it for Later!
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, we may receive a small commission – at absolutely no extra cost to you.
Mama Loves to Cook is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
- 50g parmesan
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 30g lemon juice (2 tablespoons)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 200g mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Cut the parmesan into cubes and add to the Thermomix bowl. Grate for 10 seconds / speed 9. Set aside.
- Add the garlic to the bowl. Finely chop for 3 seconds / speed 7.
- Scrape down the bowl then add all remaining ingredients (including the parmesan you set aside).
- Mix for 1 minute / speed 5.
- Refrigerate until needed.
This dressing is quite thick. If you prefer it runnier, you can thin it down with a light flavored oil.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 403Total Fat: 41gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 32gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 812mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 5g