This homemade Mexican Seasoning recipe (aka taco seasoning) uses an easy blend of Mexican spices and is perfect for a range of dishes.
We use this taco seasoning mix in a lot in our Mexican cooking, so making up a big jar for the store cupboard makes sense.
It takes just a few minutes to put this Mexican spice blend together, and then it is always on hand to scoop out to use in our Mexican dishes.
Taco Seasoning Ingredients
This taco seasoning recipe uses the following common Mexican herbs and spices.
- Chili powder (you can vary the amount to suit here, depending on whether you want a very spicy Mexican seasoning or not)
- Garlic powder (you can substitute with slightly less garlic salt, but you probably won't need to add any salt to the mixture)
- Onion powder
- Smoked paprika
- Ground cumin
- Salt & pepper
How to make Mexican Seasoning
To make this Mexican spice mix, all you need to do is put all the ingredients into a jar with a lid like the ones below and give it a good shake to mix.
If you don't want to make up a big jar of this homemade taco seasoning, or don't have enough spices in your cupboard at the time, you can make up a smaller quantity perfect for one dish using the following quantities:
Single serve Mexican blend
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- pinch cinnamon
- pinch salt & pepper
Dishes to try with this DIY taco seasoning mix
You can use this all purpose Mexican seasoning in loads of different dishes, from tacos to chili, nachos, burritos, enchiladas and more.
Here are some of our favorite dishes:
Did you try this recipe? Please leave me a ⭐ review below!
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @mamalovestocookblog and follow along on Pinterest and Facebook! Enjoy!!!
Pin it for Later!
Mama Loves to Cook is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
Homemade Mexican Seasoning
- Measuring Spoons
- Airtight Kitchen Jar with Lid
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of Salt & Pepper
- Simply place all your ingredients into a jar with a lid and shake to mix.
Leave a Reply