These Thermomix Vanilla Cupcakes are so quick and easy to make, are moist and delicious and topped with amazing vanilla buttercream frosting.
Everyone needs an easy vanilla cupcake recipe up their sleeve and the Thermomix makes this one even easier.
I love how moist and fluffy these cupcakes are. You can add any frosting you like, but the vanilla buttercream works perfectly here. Add some color and sprinkles for fun!
Ingredients for vanilla cupcakes
This Thermomix cupcake recipe uses the following ingredients:
- Caster Sugar (you can substitute with granulated sugar if that is all you have)
- Sour cream (the sour cream helps make these into really fluffy vanilla cupcakes)
- Vanilla extract
- Plain flour
- Baking powder
How to make vanilla cupcakes in the Thermomix
Making homemade vanilla cupcakes in the Thermomix could not be easier! There are only two steps:
- Cream together the butter and sugar for 30 seconds.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix for another 30 seconds.
And you have your cupcake batter!
Some tips for making these simple vanilla cupcakes:
- Because making the cupcakes is so quick, make sure you have your oven pre-heated and your muffin tin prepared before you start
- Try to have your eggs, sour cream and butter at room temperature before you start
- Use a cookie or ice cream scoop to divide the mixture into your muffin tin - this makes it quicker and easier to make them equal
- Only fill the muffin cases ⅔ full. You don't want them to dome too much when cooking as it will be easier to frost flatter cupcakes.
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting in the Thermomix
Making buttercream frosting in the Thermomix is super easy too! You can read our full recipe and tips for Thermomix Buttercream here.
I like to start by whizzing up the icing sugar to make sure there are no lumps in it - I do this for 10 seconds at speed 9, then set it aside.
Next cream the butter to make it nice and soft (30 seconds).
Then add the sugar back in with the milk and vanilla extract, plus a few drops of food coloring if you want. And mix it all together for another 30 seconds. Job done.
To make icing cupcakes easy, I highly recommend using a LARGE icing tip. I use the Wilton 1M (used in the pictures on this page) or the Wilton 1A (used for these Carrot Cupcakes), together with a piping bag.
Love making Thermomix cupcakes? You may also like these recipes:
Did you try this recipe? Please leave me a ⭐ review below!
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @mamalovestocookblog and follow along on Pinterest and Facebook! Enjoy!!!
Pin it for Later!
Mama Loves to Cook is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
Thermomix Vanilla Cupcakes
- 115 g butter
- 200 g caster sugar
- 120 g sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 200 g plain flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon table salt
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- 450 g icing sugar
- 225 g butter
- 70 g milk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Few drops food coloring optional
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C / 350F. Line a muffin tray with cupcake cases.
- Add the butter and sugar to the Thermomix bowl. Cream together for 30 seconds / speed 5.
- Add the sour cream, eggs, vanilla extract, flour, baking powder and salt. Mix together for 30 seconds, speed 4.
- Use a cookie / ice cream scoop to divide the mixture into the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until a knife comes away clean.
- Allow to cool for a couple of minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to completely cool before icing.
- Add the icing sugar to the Thermomix bowl and whizz for 10 seconds / speed 9 to remove any lumps. Set aside.
- Add the butter to the Thermomix bowl and cream for 30 seconds / speed 5.
- Add the icing sugar, milk, vanilla extract and food coloring if using. Mix for 30 seconds speed 5.
- Transfer to a piping bag for piping onto the cooled cupcakes.