This Pornstar Martini Cocktail combines the delicious tartness of passion fruit with vanilla flavours and a hint of fizz.
A Pornstar Martini is one of my favourite cocktails of all time. I love the tartness of a passion fruit martini, while the shot of champagne gives it added grandeur and sparkle.
It is always one of my go-to drinks on a night out and during the pandemic it was one of my first cocktails I chose to make during lockdown happy hour at home.
After a few experiments, I have it exactly how I like it. I hope you enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a booking or purchase using one of these links, we may receive a small commission – at absolutely no extra cost to you.
Mama Loves to Cook is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
Pornstar Martinis Ingredients
You will need the following ingrdients for a porn star martini.
- Vanilla Vodka (I use Absolut Vanilla)
- Passion fruit liqueur (eg. Passoa)
- Lime juice (freshly squeezed is best)
- Passion fruit (fresh passion fruit, cut and the pulp scooped out is best. You can also substitute with passion fruit puree but it will likely be sweeter so you may want to add extra lime juice and/or omit the sugar syrup.
- Sugar Syrup (optional - personally I find the passion fruit is sweet enough but you may prefer it sweeter. Taste the cocktail first before you add it, you can always add it, then shake again.)
- Ice Cubes - for shaking
- Champagne/prosecco/sparkling wine (go with something dry that tastes nice but don't waste your best vintage champagne!)
What you need
To make a pornstar martini, you will need the following:
- Cocktail shaker
- Cocktail measure - my cocktail shaker comes with a 1-oz measure on top. You can also use a cocktail measure, shot glass or anything of a similar size.
- Strainer - you need a fine mesh strainer (like a small sieve) to strain the passionfruit pulp. I double strain mine using a cocktail strainer and a fine mesh strainer.
- Citrus juicer - a proper citrus juicer is the best way to get lime juice out of limes. I have one like this but one like this also works well for cocktails.
- Coupe or martini glass to serve
- Shot glass for the side shot of champagne.
How to Make a Pornstar Martini
To make a Pornstar Martini, first cut open the passion fruit, scoop out the flesh and add it to the cocktail shaker.
Next add the vanilla vodka, passion fruit liqueur and freshly squeezed lime juice to the cocktail shaker.
Half fill the cocktail shaker with ice cubes, put on the lid and give it a good shake for at least 10 seconds (above the shoulder at head height so you look like a pro!)
Now taste it - if you think it needs to be sweeter, add some sugar syrup to taste and shake again.
Use a fine mesh cocktail strainer to strain the drink into a coupe or martini glass.
Garnish with a half passionfruit floating on the surface and a shot glass of chilled champagne or sparkling wine on the side.
Pornstar Martini: How to Drink
There are two ways you can drink a Pornstar Martini drink.
- You can alternately sip the passionfruit martini and the shot of champagne/sparkling wine.
- You can tip the shot of champagne/sparkling wine into the martini and drink together.
I personally prefer this second option as I love the dryness the champagne adds to the drink and also the added fizz. Because who doesn't love a little fizz in their cocktail?!
A note about cocktail measures
Most cocktail recipes come with measurements in ounces or ml, some will use shots and others will use parts.
- 1 oz = 30ml
- 1 shot = 1.5 fl oz or 45ml
At the end of the day, cocktails are about getting the proportions correct rather than exact measurements.
As long as you use the same measuring device for all the ingredients, it shouldn't matter whether you use a proper cocktail measure, a shot glass or even an eggcup! This is why you often see recipes using 'parts' in place of exact measurements.
Pin it for Later!
- 1 passion fruit
- 2 ounces Vanilla Vodka
- ½ ounce Passion fruit liqueur (eg Passoa)
- ½ ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ ounce sugar syrup* (optional - see note)
- 2 ounces Champagne, Prosecco or sparkling wine
- ½ passion fruit
- Cut open the passion fruit, scoop out the flesh and add it to the cocktail shaker.
- Measure in the vodka, passion fruit liqueur and freshly squeezed lime juice to the cocktail shaker.
- Half fill the cocktail shaker with ice cubes. Tightly secure the lid and give it a good shake for at least 10 seconds.
- Taste to see if you need to add sugar syrup (this will depend on the sweetness of your passion fruit). If required, add a ½ ounce measure of sugar syrup and shake again.
- Use a fine mesh cocktail strainer to strain the cocktail into a coupe or martini glass.
- Garnish with a half passion fruit floating on the surface and a shot glass of chilled champagne or sparkling wine on the side.
I personally find this drink sweet enough without the added sugar syrup. However, this will depend on how sweet your passion fruit is. I recommend tasting the cocktail before adding the sugar syrup.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.