These Thermomix Strawberry Daiquiris are as delicious as they are beautiful looking. Impress your guests at your next cocktail party!
When I lived in Hong Kong, we would sometimes go to a late-night bar called the Feather Boa. It was one of those bars that had no sign, so you had to be "in the know" to go there.
You would have to knock on the door, a curtain would be pulled back and the old lady proprietor would run her eyes over you and decide whether you were worthy of entry.
Once you were granted admission, you would find yourself in a quirky baroque-style lounge bar, reminiscent of a Parisian boudouir, where everyone is mingling as if at a house party and knocking back the famous house cocktail - chocolate rimmed frozen strawberry daiquiris.
So that is where I got my inspiration for these daiquiris. It now seems wrong to drink them any other way!
Mama Loves to Cook is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a booking or purchase using one of these links, we may receive a small commission – at absolutely no extra cost to you.
Strawberry Daiquiri Ingredients
You will need the following ingredients for strawberry daiquiris. Quantities are provided in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Note that I recommend a combination of both frozen and fresh strawberries. I like the additional slushiness of frozen strawberries, plus it means I can always have some available in the freezer.
But I find that using just frozen strawberries is a bit TOO icy. If you only have one or the other though, that is fine too.
- Bacardi (or alternative white rum, or you can experiment with other rums too).
- Sugar (I use sugar and use the Thermomix to powder it to make it absorb easier. You could also substitute with sugar syrup if you have it).
- Lime juice from freshly squeezed limes.
- Frozen strawberries (you can buy these frozen in the supermarket or freeze your own. If you are freezing your own, It is easiest to take the green tops of them before you freeze them).
- Fresh strawberries
- Hot chocolate powder (to create a chocolate rim on the glass).
How to make a Strawberry Daiquiri
Making a frozen strawberry daiquiri in the Thermomix is super easy.
Step one: Prepare your daiquiri glass.
I love, love, love these frozen daiquiris served with a chocolate coating on the glass but you can feel free to skip this step if you prefer. (But please give it a go at least once, you won't regret it!)
To create this chocolate coating I use a small pastry brush to coat the rim with sugar syrup (you could also use chocolate liqueur, or even the leftover shell of the lime you squeezed for lime juice).
Then spoon some hot chocolate powder onto a plate or bowl and dip the cocktail glass rim into the powder, rotating the glass to ensure the entire rim of the glass is covered.
Step two: Make the daiquiri (full instructions in the recipe at the bottom of the post).
To make Thermomix daiquiris, start by pulverising the sugar to help it absorb better.
Next add the frozen strawberries and chop them up.
Then add all the wet ingredients and mix.
And finally add in the ice and blend it until smooth. You may need to stir with the spatula through the hole in the lid as you do this.
And done! Serve in your prepared glass and garnish with fresh lime leaves or a strawberry.
Note: I always find that these frozen daiquiris look most impressive when served nice and slushy, but they taste best when they have melted a little so you can taste the full flavours of the ingredients.
This also allows you to drink them easier from the chocolate-coated rim. Yum!
Pin it for Later!
- 50g sugar
- 250g frozen strawberries
- 50g fresh strawberries
- 200g Bacardi (or other white rum)
- 40g lime juice (freshly squeezed)
- 350g ice
- 2 tbsp hot chocolate powder
- Fresh mint leaves
- Fresh strawberries
- First prepare the glasses by brushing the rim with sugar syrup* (see notes). Place the hot chocolate powder on a plate or bowl and dip the rim of the glass in the chocolate, rotating as you go until the rim is fully coated.
- Add sugar to the Thermomix bowl. Blitz for 10 seconds / speed 9.
- Add the strawberries to the bowl.Mix for 10 seconds / speed 5.
- Add the Bacardi and lime juice to the bowl. Mix for 5 seconds / speed 4.
- Add the ice to the bowl. Mix for 30 seconds / speed 9. You may need to stir with the spatula through the hole in the lid at first.
- Scrape down the bowl and mix for a further 20 seconds / speed 9. Check the consistency and repeat if necessary.
- Pour into prepared glasses and garnish with fresh mint leaves and/or strawberries.
1. You can make your own sugar syrup by mixing 500g sugar and 500g water and cooking for 5 minutes / 100 degrees / speed 2. Allow to cool before storing in a sealable bottle in the fridge for up to 4 weeks.
2. Alternatives to brush around the rim include chocolate liqueur or lime juice (you can use the shell of the lime you squeezed for the daiquiri).
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 205Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 13mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 2gSugar: 18gProtein: 1g