This Thermomix Weetbix Slice recipe is a great way to use up all those leftover Weetbix crumbs and create a delicious chocolate slice.
Do you always have a load of Weetbix crumbs leftover in the bottom of the Weetbix box? Me too!
Nobody wants to eat them and it used to drive me crazy to throw these away. So now I don't throw them away - I turn them into delicious recipes instead!
This Weetbix chocolate slice is my kids' favourite. It's rich, chocolatey and delicious and is super easy to make.
Why you'll love this recipe
- It uses up all those leftover crumbs at the bottom of the Weetbix box.
- You'll have a delicious, rich chocolatey slice.
- It is ideal for school lunch boxes or after-school treats.
- It is the perfect accompaniment for a cup of coffee or tea.
- It is very easy to make.
This easy recipe uses the following ingredients.
Exact measurements are provided in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Weetbix Crumbs - I just save up all the leftover crumbs from the bottom of the Weetbix box and keep them in a bag until needed.
- Plain flour - you can substitute with self-raising flour and skip the baking powder.
- Baking powder
- Cocoa Powder
- Desiccated Coconut - this gives a wonderful subtle coconut flavour to the base of the slice.
- Brown Sugar - you could use white sugar too, but brown sugar always gives a richer flavour.
- Golden syrup
- Vanilla extract
For the icing:
- Icing sugar - if you don't have icing sugar, it is possible to make it in your Thermomix by milling white sugar on speed 10 for at least a minute. I always recommend using shop-bought icing sugar, though, as I find making your own always remains a little gritty.
- Cocoa powder
- Butter - make sure you allow the butter to soften first.
- Boiling water
How to make Weetbix Slice in the Thermomix
Making this Weetbix Slice is very easy with these simple steps.
Exact timings and method can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Step 1: Mix together the dry ingredients, then set aside.
Step 2: Melt together the golden syrup, butter and vanilla.
Step 3: Return the dry ingredients to the Thermomix bowl and mix.
Step 4: Tip the slice mixture into a tin lined with baking paper. Use a spoon to press the mixture into the tin and smooth over the top.
Step 5: Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Then, allow it to cool completely in the tin.
Step 6: Make the icing. To do this, first mix together the icing sugar and cocoa powder. Then add in the butter and water and mix together.
Step 7: Smooth the icing over the top of the slice, making sure it is evenly and totally covered. Sprinkle a little desiccated coconut over the top and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
Step 8: Carefully lift out the slice using the baking paper. Use a sharp knife to cut the slice into 16 pieces.
Step 9: Enjoy 🙂
Looking for more delicious Thermomix recipes? Try these!
Mama Loves to Cook is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
Did you try this recipe? Please leave me a ⭐ review below!
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @mamalovestocookblog and follow along on Pinterest and Facebook! Enjoy!!!
Thermomix Weetbix Slice
- 85 g Weetbix crumbs (approx. 5 Weetbix)
- 200 g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 30 g cocoa powder
- 60 g desiccated coconut
- 150 g brown sugar
- 200 g butter
- 30 g golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the icing
- 130 g icing sugar
- 30 g cocoa powder
- 20 g butter softened
- 30 g boiling water
- 1 teaspoon desiccated coconut to sprinkle on top
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C / 360F. Line a 9-inch square cake tin with baking paper. ensure there is enough to overlap the sides to make it easy to lift out the slice later.
- Place the Weetbix crumbs, flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, desiccated coconut and brown sugar into the Thermomix bowl. Mix for 10 seconds / speed 6. Set aside.
- Add the butter, golden syrup and vanilla extract to the bowl. Melt for 3 minutes / 60 degrees / speed 2.
- Return the dry ingredients to the bowl. Mix for 10 seconds / speed 4.
- Scrape down the bowl and repeat: 10 seconds / speed 4.
- Tip the mixture into your lined baking tray. Use a spoon to press the mixture into the tin and smooth over the surface.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely in the tin.
For the icing
- Add the icing sugar and cocoa powder to the Thermomix bowl. Mix for 5 seconds / speed 9.
- Add the butter and boiling water to the bowl. Mix for 20 seconds / speed 5.
- Scrape down the bowl and repeat: 10 seconds / speed 5.
- Spread the icing over the cooled slice and use a spatula to smooth it down, ensuring you cover the slice evenly and completely.
- Sprinkle over the desiccated coconut then transfer to the fridge and leave to cool for 30 minutes.
- Use the baking paper to lift the slice out of the tin. Use a sharp knife to cut the slice into 16 equal portions.