This no bake banana cheesecake recipe is so quick and easy to make and tastes so good! It's perfect for a no fuss dinner party dessert or special family meal.
This is one of my go-to easy dessert recipes if I'm asked to bring a dish to a pot luck or bring a dessert to a friend's house.
This banana cream cheesecake recipe is so simple and takes just around 20 minutes total to make. It always surprises me just how good it can taste when it's so easy to make and only uses a few ingredients.
If you love bananas and love cheesecake, then I just know you are going to love this easy no bake cheesecake.
No Bake Cheesecake Crust
The crust for this quick banana dessert is made from some crushed up cookie crumbs mixed with a mixture of butter and golden syrup.
What type of cookie you use for the crust will partly depend on where in the world you live as it is easy to get different ingredients in your grocery store.
To make the crust, first you need to crush up the cookies. To do this I usually put them into a ziploc bag and give them a good bash/roll with the rolling pin.
You could also whizz them up in your food processor, but really it takes just a couple of minutes with the rolling pin and you don't need to wash up the food processor afterwards!
Once you have your cookie crumbs, tip them into a bowl.
Next melt the butter and golden syrup together in a saucepan over a low heat and then pour the mixture over the cookie crumbs.
Now mix it all together and tip the crumb mixture into a 9 inch tart pan. I highly recommend you use one with a removable base, as it will make serving this homemade no bake cheesecake a whole lot easier.
Gently press down the mixture with the back of a spoon to press down evenly over the base and sides.
Then put the base in the fridge to chill until you are ready to add the filling.
You may also like this recipe: Traditional Eton Mess.
No Bake Cheesecake Filling
Making the filling for this fresh banana cream cheesecake is also super easy.
Tip the marscapone cheese, cream and sugar into a bowl and mix it together until well mixed and smooth. Then pour in some lemon juice and continue to stir until it is smooth.
Now slice a couple of bananas into the filling mixture and stir them in.
Make sure you use nice firm bananas. Unlike a banana bread where you want your bananas to be turning brown and soft, for this simple no bake cheesecake you want them to be firm so they don't go mushy.
Spoon it into the crumb case and smooth it down with the back of a spoon. Sprinkle over some grated dark chocolate (it is easier to grate chocolate if it has been in the fridge first) and chill it in the fridge until it is ready to eat.
Mama Loves to Cook is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, we may receive a small commission – at absolutely no extra cost to you.
Pin it for Later!
For the Base
- 2 ¼ cups (6oz/175g) Graham Crackers or Digestive Biscuits
- ¼ cup (4oz / 100g) butter
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
For the Filling
- 8oz / 250g tub marscapone
- ¾ cup thick heavy cream
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- juice of 1 lemon (3 tbsp)
- 2 large bananas
- Plain chocolate to decorate
For the crust
- Put the crackers/cookies in a sealable plastic bag and bash with a rolling pin until crushed into fine crumbs. Tip the crumbs into a mixing bowl.
- Slowly melt the butter and golden syrup over a low heat until melted and mixed together.
- Pour the melted butter mixture over the crumbs and mix together with a wooden spoon.
- Tip the crumb mixture into a removable bottom 9-inch tart pan. Spread evenly and press down with the back of the spoon all over the bottom and sides.
- Chill in the fridge until needed.
For the filling
- Tip the marscapone, cream and sugar into a mixing bowl and mix together until smooth.
- Slowly add the lemon juice and continue to mix until you have a smooth mixture.
- Slice in the bananas and stir through.
- Now tip the filling into the prepared base and smooth over with a spoon.
- Sprinkle with freshly grated dark chocolate and chill in fridge until ready to serve. (Suggest chilling for a minimum of 1 hour)